The incomparable Jodie Foster turns 45 today, and in honor of the big event, I’m going to make a confession: I’ve never been as excited by a movie trailer as I was for her 1997 sci-fi drama Contact (below). (Also, it ranks among my five favorite movies of all time.) Mock me if you must – all my friends certainly like to – or take a more positive approach and give Foster some birthday love. As Jame Gumb might say, “It places the birthday wishes in the comments section. It does this whenever it’s told.”
Posted November 19 2007 — 2:42 PM EST
- 'Vikings' shocker: Creator Michael Hirst talks the death of [spoiler]
- 'Vikings' kills again: A talk with the departing actor
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- Obama talks 'The Wire' with David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers Meron, Zadan moving on
- Craig T. Nelson back as Hayden Fox in NBC 'Coach' revival
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- Russell Crowe, Elisabeth Moss, Ben Affleck & More!