The incomparable Jodie Foster turns 45 today, and in honor of the big event, I’m going to make a confession: I’ve never been as excited by a movie trailer as I was for her 1997 sci-fi drama Contact (below). (Also, it ranks among my five favorite movies of all time.) Mock me if you must – all my friends certainly like to – or take a more positive approach and give Foster some birthday love. As Jame Gumb might say, “It places the birthday wishes in the comments section. It does this whenever it’s told.”
Posted November 19 2007 — 2:42 PM EST
- 'Descendants' react: Did the tale about junior Disney villains cast a spell?
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- Casting Net: Gary Oldman joins space love story
- Josh Gad wraps 'Beauty and the Beast' filming, shares pic
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' producers offer hints about the show's timeline
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!