The incomparable Jodie Foster turns 45 today, and in honor of the big event, I’m going to make a confession: I’ve never been as excited by a movie trailer as I was for her 1997 sci-fi drama Contact (below). (Also, it ranks among my five favorite movies of all time.) Mock me if you must – all my friends certainly like to – or take a more positive approach and give Foster some birthday love. As Jame Gumb might say, “It places the birthday wishes in the comments section. It does this whenever it’s told.”
Posted November 19 2007 — 2:42 PM EST
- 'Scandal' stars tour the White House ahead of Correspondents' Dinner
- Paul Rudd had a fanboy moment over 'Captain America: Civil War'
- James Gunn's parents visited the set of 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2'
- 'Captain America: Civil War' video spotlights Steve-Bucky relationship
- WATCH: Susan Sarandon & Geena Davis reunite to talk 'Thelma & Louise'
- 'Hamilton' pays tribute to 'Rent' on show’s 20th anniversary
- Will Ferrell, Chad Smith host ‘Red Hot’ charity drum-off
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch