The incomparable Jodie Foster turns 45 today, and in honor of the big event, I’m going to make a confession: I’ve never been as excited by a movie trailer as I was for her 1997 sci-fi drama Contact (below). (Also, it ranks among my five favorite movies of all time.) Mock me if you must – all my friends certainly like to – or take a more positive approach and give Foster some birthday love. As Jame Gumb might say, “It places the birthday wishes in the comments section. It does this whenever it’s told.”
Posted November 19 2007 — 2:42 PM EST
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Bible' series won't return to NBC
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!