Freddie Highmore plays the title role in August Rush, a modern-day Oliver Twist with mystical musical abilities. Robin Williams (yes, I’m afraid so) plays a kind of Manhattan-based Fagin with a touch of Midnight Cowboy to his wardrobe. And ants will play havoc in any cynic’s pants as this loopy, goopy fairy tale about a kid looking for his parents oozes to its predictable finish. As August’s kin and airy artists themselves, Keri Russell and Jonathan Rhys Meyers cast their eyes to heaven, saintlike, as they pretend to make music. D+
Genre: Drama; Starring: Freddie Highmore, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Keri Russell, Robin Williams; Director: Kirsten Sheridan; Author: Nick Castle, James V. Hart; Release Date Wide: 11/21/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 112; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- '12 Monkeys' exec producer: THAT Ramse arc 'planned from the first minute'
- Prince sued in recording battle over 'Voice' singer Judith Hill
- James Bond enters a 'hurricane' in first 'Spectre' teaser
- 'Legend of Zelda' for Wii U delayed
- Kit Harington fights terrorism in 'Spooks: The Greater Good' trailer
- Billie Joe Armstrong musical 'These Paper Bullets!' coming to LA, NYC
- 'It Follows': The story behind the score
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Katy Perry, Kenny & Taylor, Josh Peck and More!