Freddie Highmore plays the title role in August Rush, a modern-day Oliver Twist with mystical musical abilities. Robin Williams (yes, I’m afraid so) plays a kind of Manhattan-based Fagin with a touch of Midnight Cowboy to his wardrobe. And ants will play havoc in any cynic’s pants as this loopy, goopy fairy tale about a kid looking for his parents oozes to its predictable finish. As August’s kin and airy artists themselves, Keri Russell and Jonathan Rhys Meyers cast their eyes to heaven, saintlike, as they pretend to make music. D+
Genre: Drama; Starring: Freddie Highmore, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Keri Russell, Robin Williams; Director: Kirsten Sheridan; Author: Nick Castle, James V. Hart; Release Date Wide: 11/21/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 112; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted November 21 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Pearl Jam play 'Ten' front to back in Philly
- 'The Originals' boss on the difficulties of killing a beloved character
- 'The Originals' boss on [spoiler]'s heartbreaking death, hope for Davina
- 'The Originals' victim 'cried' over that tragic death
- Charli XCX releases sleek, dance-heavy video for single 'Vroom Vroom'
- 'Vampire Diaries' boss breaks down tonight's action sequences
- John Krasinski to star in 'Jack Ryan' Amazon series
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch