Freddie Highmore plays the title role in August Rush, a modern-day Oliver Twist with mystical musical abilities. Robin Williams (yes, I’m afraid so) plays a kind of Manhattan-based Fagin with a touch of Midnight Cowboy to his wardrobe. And ants will play havoc in any cynic’s pants as this loopy, goopy fairy tale about a kid looking for his parents oozes to its predictable finish. As August’s kin and airy artists themselves, Keri Russell and Jonathan Rhys Meyers cast their eyes to heaven, saintlike, as they pretend to make music. D+
Genre: Drama; Starring: Freddie Highmore, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Keri Russell, Robin Williams; Director: Kirsten Sheridan; Author: Nick Castle, James V. Hart; Release Date Wide: 11/21/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 112; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted November 21 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Agent Carter' takes on Tinseltown in season 2 teaser
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Zach Galligan wants to return for 'Gremlins 3'
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'
- 'Gods of Egypt' director: 'Our casting choices should have been more diverse'
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright
- Hear Sia's new single 'One Million Bullets'