Happy birthday to Marlo Thomas, who shocked me by turning 70 today. (At last, her age has caught up with her voice!) I mean, she does not look 70. Saw her three weeks ago on Ugly Betty, as a cougar-ish advertiser Daniel (Eric Mabius) was trying to woo — literally and figuratively — and she looked incredible. If she’s 70 now, that means she was nearly 30 when she started playing That Girl. (Even then, she looked at least a decade younger than her actual age.) And it means that Gen X-ers like me who grew up with Thomas’ gentle life lessons from Free to Be… You and Me — like the kids in the TV special embedded below (after the jump!) — are now, um, old.
Posted January 18 2015 — 7:47 AM EST
- USA's 'Mr. Robot' to premiere online May 27 via EW, iTunes, Amazon, among others
- Director Amy Berg talks about the need for more female directors
- 'SNL' host poll: How'd Scarlett Johansson do?
- James Taylor debuts Boston Red Sox song
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Let's talk latest shocking 'Game of Thrones' twist
- Kim Kardashian’s book of selfies is in good company
- Lauryn Hill apologizes to Nigerian fans with awesome acoustic performance
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!