Happy birthday to Marlo Thomas, who shocked me by turning 70 today. (At last, her age has caught up with her voice!) I mean, she does not look 70. Saw her three weeks ago on Ugly Betty, as a cougar-ish advertiser Daniel (Eric Mabius) was trying to woo — literally and figuratively — and she looked incredible. If she’s 70 now, that means she was nearly 30 when she started playing That Girl. (Even then, she looked at least a decade younger than her actual age.) And it means that Gen X-ers like me who grew up with Thomas’ gentle life lessons from Free to Be… You and Me — like the kids in the TV special embedded below (after the jump!) — are now, um, old.
Posted November 21 2007 — 5:41 PM EST
- 'Creed,' 'Empire,' 'Black-ish' win big at NAACP Image Awards
- Ethan Hawke to play resurrected assassin in '24 Hours to Live'
- CBS orders medical drama pilot 'Sensory' from Ridley Scott, David Zabel
- The Originals: Julie Plec blogs the return of Josh
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss goes behind the scenes on Paul Wesley-directed episode
- What if movies ended when someone spoke the title?
- Lady Gaga to be honored by Grammy Museum