Happy birthday to Marlo Thomas, who shocked me by turning 70 today. (At last, her age has caught up with her voice!) I mean, she does not look 70. Saw her three weeks ago on Ugly Betty, as a cougar-ish advertiser Daniel (Eric Mabius) was trying to woo — literally and figuratively — and she looked incredible. If she’s 70 now, that means she was nearly 30 when she started playing That Girl. (Even then, she looked at least a decade younger than her actual age.) And it means that Gen X-ers like me who grew up with Thomas’ gentle life lessons from Free to Be… You and Me — like the kids in the TV special embedded below (after the jump!) — are now, um, old.
Posted November 21 2007 — 5:41 PM EST
- President Obama dances to 'Hotline Bling' with Usher, Janelle Monáe
- Bradley Cooper visited Lady Gaga on the set of 'Saturday Night Live'
- Viola Davis to campaign in supporting actress category for 'Fences'
- DJ Khaled documented his son's birth on Snapchat
- 'Black Mirror' postmortem: Showrunner explains season 3
- Weekend box office: 'Madea' clobbers 'Jack Reacher' with $27.6 million
- 'Logan' image teases Dafne Keen as mutant X-23