Happy birthday to Marlo Thomas, who shocked me by turning 70 today. (At last, her age has caught up with her voice!) I mean, she does not look 70. Saw her three weeks ago on Ugly Betty, as a cougar-ish advertiser Daniel (Eric Mabius) was trying to woo — literally and figuratively — and she looked incredible. If she’s 70 now, that means she was nearly 30 when she started playing That Girl. (Even then, she looked at least a decade younger than her actual age.) And it means that Gen X-ers like me who grew up with Thomas’ gentle life lessons from Free to Be… You and Me — like the kids in the TV special embedded below (after the jump!) — are now, um, old.
Posted November 21 2007 — 5:41 PM EST
- Donald Trump is suing Univision
- You can now listen to Matt Bomer cover D'Angelo
- 'Mighty Morphin Power Rangers' comics are coming: EW exclusive reveal of Green Ranger cover
- Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner to divorce
- Rob Thomas details new solo album 'The Great Unknown'
- See the first extended look at 'Rory McIlroy PGA Tour'
- Rick Moody to write memoir detailing his second marriage
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson in new EW portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Ricky Martin, Tina & Jane, Paul Rudd and More!