Happy birthday to Marlo Thomas, who shocked me by turning 70 today. (At last, her age has caught up with her voice!) I mean, she does not look 70. Saw her three weeks ago on Ugly Betty, as a cougar-ish advertiser Daniel (Eric Mabius) was trying to woo — literally and figuratively — and she looked incredible. If she’s 70 now, that means she was nearly 30 when she started playing That Girl. (Even then, she looked at least a decade younger than her actual age.) And it means that Gen X-ers like me who grew up with Thomas’ gentle life lessons from Free to Be… You and Me — like the kids in the TV special embedded below (after the jump!) — are now, um, old.
Posted November 21 2007 — 5:41 PM EST
- Cara Delevingne addresses awkward interview
- 'Gritty' take on 'Little Women' in development at CW
- Mia Farrow criticized for tweeting business address of Cecil the lion's killer
- Diva Layla El retires from WWE
- Woody Allen says private life doesn't resonate in his films
- 'Law & Order' director arrested on child pornography charges
- 'Secret in Their Eyes' gets new release date
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!