R&B singer Ne-Yo has been dropped from the Double Up tour with R. Kelly, Keyshia Cole, and J. Holiday. Ne-Yo told BET.com, ”Let [Jive] tell it, I was removed from the R. Kelly tour because of contractual agreements not being met, but that’s absolutely false. I believe it was because the first few reviews of the show, people were talking more about my set than his, and I don’t think he liked that too much.” Kelly’s reps said it was, in fact, merely contractual. ”Ne-Yo is a terrific talent and R. Kelly is certainly confident enough in his own abilities to be happy to share the stage with enormously talented people,” a spokesperson said. ”The more talented, the better. We’re sorry it had to end this way.” Ne-Yo’s exit comes just one week into the tour. (Billboard)
Posted November 21 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Is O.J. Simpson innocent? New docuseries investigates
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'OUAT,' 'Chicago Fire,' 'Supergirl' and more
- Seth MacFarlane explains why Hollywood hates Donald Trump
- Luke Bryan releases statement after fan altercation during concert
- Kellyanne Conway took fight with Clinton aides personally
- Felicity Jones says 'Rogue One' is like 'The Empire Strikes Back'
- Best of 2016: Director X talks Fifth Harmony's 'Work From Home' video
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big