Sienna Miller has been cast as the female lead in Paramount Pictures’ upcoming movie G.I. Joe. She will play what is being described as a raven-haired baroness and sexy femme fatale skilled in espionage. The story is about an international force of operatives who use high-tech equipment to battle Cobra, an evil group headed by a Scottish arms dealer. Director Stephen Sommers (The Mummy) will helm the live-action adaptation of the Hasbro soldier action figure, comicbook, and TV series. Miller is the first actor to be cast. Shooting is scheduled to start in February for a planned Aug. 7, 2009 release. Miller’s credits include Factory Girl, Stardust, and the recently-wrapped Hippie Hippie Shake, The Edge of Love, and The Mysteries of Pittsburgh. (Variety)
Posted November 21 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 5 Seconds of Summer wins 2015 Song of the Summer VMA for 'She's Kinda Hot'
- The MTV VMAs winners list for 2015
- Billy Ray Cyrus is live-tweeting the VMAs
- Here's how Miley Cyrus arrived on the MTV VMAs red carpet
- Taylor Swift brought her 'Bad Blood' squad to the VMAs red carpet
- Robin Williams' daughter shares touching tribute to Oliver Sacks
- Jay Z apparently joined Instagram – then quit after only a few hours
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!