Sienna Miller has been cast as the female lead in Paramount Pictures’ upcoming movie G.I. Joe. She will play what is being described as a raven-haired baroness and sexy femme fatale skilled in espionage. The story is about an international force of operatives who use high-tech equipment to battle Cobra, an evil group headed by a Scottish arms dealer. Director Stephen Sommers (The Mummy) will helm the live-action adaptation of the Hasbro soldier action figure, comicbook, and TV series. Miller is the first actor to be cast. Shooting is scheduled to start in February for a planned Aug. 7, 2009 release. Miller’s credits include Factory Girl, Stardust, and the recently-wrapped Hippie Hippie Shake, The Edge of Love, and The Mysteries of Pittsburgh. (Variety)
Posted November 21 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles