Sienna Miller has been cast as the female lead in Paramount Pictures’ upcoming movie G.I. Joe. She will play what is being described as a raven-haired baroness and sexy femme fatale skilled in espionage. The story is about an international force of operatives who use high-tech equipment to battle Cobra, an evil group headed by a Scottish arms dealer. Director Stephen Sommers (The Mummy) will helm the live-action adaptation of the Hasbro soldier action figure, comicbook, and TV series. Miller is the first actor to be cast. Shooting is scheduled to start in February for a planned Aug. 7, 2009 release. Miller’s credits include Factory Girl, Stardust, and the recently-wrapped Hippie Hippie Shake, The Edge of Love, and The Mysteries of Pittsburgh. (Variety)
Posted November 21 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- DNC: Chelsea Clinton references 'A Wrinkle in Time,' 'Police Academy'
- Hillary Clinton quotes 'Hamilton,' slams Trump in rousing DNC speech
- Twitter reacts to Morgan Freeman-narrated Hillary Clinton doc
- 'The Voice': Bette Midler serving as mentor for Team Blake
- Shonda Rhimes on Hillary Clinton DNC film: 'I didn't have to add a plot twist!'
- Katy Perry performs 'Rise,' 'Roar' at DNC for Hillary Clinton
- Chloë Grace Moretz urges millennials to vote Hillary at DNC