Sienna Miller has been cast as the female lead in Paramount Pictures’ upcoming movie G.I. Joe. She will play what is being described as a raven-haired baroness and sexy femme fatale skilled in espionage. The story is about an international force of operatives who use high-tech equipment to battle Cobra, an evil group headed by a Scottish arms dealer. Director Stephen Sommers (The Mummy) will helm the live-action adaptation of the Hasbro soldier action figure, comicbook, and TV series. Miller is the first actor to be cast. Shooting is scheduled to start in February for a planned Aug. 7, 2009 release. Miller’s credits include Factory Girl, Stardust, and the recently-wrapped Hippie Hippie Shake, The Edge of Love, and The Mysteries of Pittsburgh. (Variety)
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Who will miss Janos on Game of Thrones?
- Smashing Pumpkins' Billy Corgan joins TNA Wrestling
- 'Black-ish' creator writing 'Good Times' movie
- Adult Swim announces final season of 'Aqua Teen Hunger Force'
- First listen of Broadway’s 'On the Twentieth Century' cast album
- Watch Daft Punk's ode to Nile Rodgers from new documentary