Sienna Miller has been cast as the female lead in Paramount Pictures’ upcoming movie G.I. Joe. She will play what is being described as a raven-haired baroness and sexy femme fatale skilled in espionage. The story is about an international force of operatives who use high-tech equipment to battle Cobra, an evil group headed by a Scottish arms dealer. Director Stephen Sommers (The Mummy) will helm the live-action adaptation of the Hasbro soldier action figure, comicbook, and TV series. Miller is the first actor to be cast. Shooting is scheduled to start in February for a planned Aug. 7, 2009 release. Miller’s credits include Factory Girl, Stardust, and the recently-wrapped Hippie Hippie Shake, The Edge of Love, and The Mysteries of Pittsburgh. (Variety)
Posted November 21 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Mark Hamill to return as The Joker for 'The Killing Joke'
- Hugh Jackman shares final ‘Wolverine’ teaser image
- Casting Net: Morgan Freeman leads up action film 'Down to a Sunless Sea'
- 'The Bachelorette': And the 'winner' is...
- Richard Linklater in talks to direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project'
- 'All the Bright Places' starring Elle Fanning finds its director
- HBO developing new Wild West drama series 'Untamed'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Matthew & Keri, Katy Perry, Cate Blanchett & More!