Criterion dusts off the most British of Alfred Hitchcock’s early masterpieces, The Lady Vanishes, a thrilling riddle of a film set within the gathering storm of war. Today’s audiences may recognize plot elements reused in the ‘05 Jodie Foster flick Flightplan, but Hitchphiles will appreciate the hallmarks of his Hollywood films: a sophisticated villain, twisted reality, and a teasing Mac-Guffin. EXTRAS The gem is John Baxter’s complete 1941 feature Crook’s Tour, a continuation of the comic adventures of Lady’s stuffy sidekicks, Charters and Caldicott. A-
The Lady Vanishes Criterion dusts off the most British of Alfred Hitchcock's early masterpieces, The Lady Vanishes, a thrilling riddle of a film set...The Lady VanishesMystery and ThrillerUnrated Criterion dusts off the most British of Alfred Hitchcock's early masterpieces, The Lady Vanishes, a thrilling riddle of a film set...2007-11-23
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Margaret Lockwood, Michael Redgrave; Director: Alfred Hitchcock; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- See the exclusive trailer to Amy Berg's explosive Hollywood pedophile documentary, 'An Open Secret'
- 'Person of Interest' post-mortem: Showrunners talk emotional finale and the return of Taraji P. Henson
- 'Agents of SHIELD': Inside the tie-in to 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'
- 'Person of Interest' season 4 finale react: A new world order
- 'Forever' exec producer on Henry's secret--safe or out?
- Casting Net: Ashton Kutcher, Josh Hartnett cast in James Franco's 'The Long Home'
- Tom Brokaw vs. cancer: 'Dateline' special
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Taylor Swift, Cate Blanchett, James Marsden & More!