Criterion dusts off the most British of Alfred Hitchcock’s early masterpieces, The Lady Vanishes, a thrilling riddle of a film set within the gathering storm of war. Today’s audiences may recognize plot elements reused in the ‘05 Jodie Foster flick Flightplan, but Hitchphiles will appreciate the hallmarks of his Hollywood films: a sophisticated villain, twisted reality, and a teasing Mac-Guffin. EXTRAS The gem is John Baxter’s complete 1941 feature Crook’s Tour, a continuation of the comic adventures of Lady’s stuffy sidekicks, Charters and Caldicott. A-
The Lady Vanishes Criterion dusts off the most British of Alfred Hitchcock's early masterpieces, The Lady Vanishes, a thrilling riddle of a film set...The Lady VanishesMystery and ThrillerUnrated Criterion dusts off the most British of Alfred Hitchcock's early masterpieces, The Lady Vanishes, a thrilling riddle of a film set...2007-11-23
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Margaret Lockwood, Michael Redgrave; Director: Alfred Hitchcock; Status: In Season; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted November 23 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- See the exclusive first trailer of 'First Times with Jenn and Jack'
- Lauryn Hill covered Nina Simone's 'Feeling Good'
- See Netflix's official logo for Marvel's 'Jessica Jones'
- Kendrick Lamar releases trippy 'For Free? (Interlude)' video
- Mick Rock on his new show: I'm the Anthony Bourdain of rock and roll
- Chevy Chase & Beverly D'Angelo on their sweet 'Vacation' cameos
- 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' is not a 'watered-down version' of the films
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!