As a fan of Rufus Wainwright and friend (musically speaking) of Dorothy, I was thrilled by the idea of Wainwright re-creating Judy Garland’s legendary ‘61 concert for Rufus Does Judy at Carnegie Hall. But not everything about this stunt merits documentation. His delicate upper range is nicely attuned to some of the ballads, but anything that requires belting is pretty much a loss. (”That’s Entertainment”…isn’t.) That said, if it drives anyone to Judy at Carnegie Hall — one of the best live albums ever?then bravo.
Rufus Does Judy at Carnegie Hall As a fan of Rufus Wainwright and friend (musically speaking) of Dorothy, I was thrilled by the idea of Wainwright re-creating Judy Garland's legendary ...Rufus Does Judy at Carnegie HallPop As a fan of Rufus Wainwright and friend (musically speaking) of Dorothy, I was thrilled by the idea of Wainwright re-creating Judy Garland's legendary ...2007-11-23
Genre: Pop; Lead Performer: Rufus Wainwright
Posted November 23 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- George R.R. Martin reveals which religion inspired that 'Game of Thrones' cult
- How 50 Cent's near-fatal shooting wound up being a key part of 'Power'
- 'Game of Thrones' showrunner on why those two paths crossed now: 'this just felt right'
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman tribute on Indy 500 car
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!