We fell in love with John McClane because he was a regular Joe barely coping with irregular situations. His humanity kept us invested. But here, in film No. 4, Live Free or Die Hard, Bruce Willis’ successful bid to reignite the Die Hard franchise, McClane is superhuman — diving from speeding cars and riding bareback atop a jet with nothing but a limp to show for it, all in his pursuit of an anarchic tech maniac (Timothy Olyphant). Sure, the action is there — as detailed in a solid making-of doc and director Len Wiseman’s commentary on the two-disc edition. It’s the heart that’s missing. B
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Bruce Willis, Justin Long, Timothy Olyphant; Director: Len Wiseman; Author: Mark Bomback; Release Date Wide: 06/27/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 128; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted November 26 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Can the 'Legends of Tomorrow' ever truly defeat Vandal Savage?
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on how he was forced into 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine'
- Casting Net: Taraji P. Henson to star in Hidden Figures
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Ellen Pompeo on Meredith-centric midseason return
- Nasim Pedrad to play teenage boy in Fox pilot 'Chad: An American Boy'
- A house divided in 'House of Cards' season 4 trailer
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival casts former 'Bunheads' star Sutton Foster
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday