CBS has canceled its Dec. 10 Democratic presidential debate because Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, and John Edwards all said they would not cross the network’s striking newswriters’ picket lines to participate. ”CBS News regrets not being able to offer the Democratic presidential debate scheduled for Dec. 10 in Los Angeles,” the Eye’s news division said in an announcement on Wednesday (Nov. 28). ”The possibility of picket lines set up by the WGA and the unwillingness of many candidates to cross them made it necessary to allow the candidates to make other plans.” The Democratic National Committee says there are no plans in place to reschedule the debate. CBS News anchor Katie Couric was set to moderate. (Variety)
Posted November 29 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Benedict Cumberbatch imitate otters with Johnny Depp
- Liam Hemsworth reveals Chris Hemsworth paid off their parents' debts
- J.K. Rowling feared second 'Harry Potter' couldn't live up to the first
- 'Agent Carter' takes on Tinseltown in season 2 teaser
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Zach Galligan wants to return for 'Gremlins 3'
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'