HBO Films is developing a movie about embattled baseball player Barry Bonds and has tapped director Ron Shelton (Bull Durham, Tin Cup, White Men Can’t Jump) to helm and pen the script with his Tin Cup writing partner John Norville, once the writers’ strike is over. HBO has acquired rights to Game of Shadows: Barry Bonds, BALCO and the Steroids Scandal That Rocked Professional Sports, a book written by Mark Fainaru-Wada and Lance Williams, the San Francisco Chronicle reporters who broke stories about the nutrition company accused of distributing illegal steroids to marquis athletes, including the San Francisco Giants’ Bonds, the New York Yankees’ Jason Giambi, and Olympic gold medal sprinter Marion Jones. Bonds just ended a season in which he broke Hank Aaron’s all-time home run record of 755. He has since been indicted on federal charges for allegedly lying under oath when he told a grand jury he had never used performance-enhancing drugs. He will be arraigned next month. (Variety)
Posted December 1 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Stephen Colbert will be on next 'Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee'
- The Good Wife scoop: Jeffrey Dean Morgan cast as new series regular
- Sarah Jessica Parker on whether she considers herself a feminist
- After 75 years, Archie Andrews gets a new look
- Caitlyn Jenner writes about the beginning of her journey in touching blog post
- 5 reasons Hayley Atwell is a woman who kicks ass
- Alison Brie sprinkles some Salt-N-Pepa over her 'Lip Sync Battle': Watch
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Kendall Jenner, Liv Tyler, Jessie J & More!