HBO Films is developing a movie about embattled baseball player Barry Bonds and has tapped director Ron Shelton (Bull Durham, Tin Cup, White Men Can’t Jump) to helm and pen the script with his Tin Cup writing partner John Norville, once the writers’ strike is over. HBO has acquired rights to Game of Shadows: Barry Bonds, BALCO and the Steroids Scandal That Rocked Professional Sports, a book written by Mark Fainaru-Wada and Lance Williams, the San Francisco Chronicle reporters who broke stories about the nutrition company accused of distributing illegal steroids to marquis athletes, including the San Francisco Giants’ Bonds, the New York Yankees’ Jason Giambi, and Olympic gold medal sprinter Marion Jones. Bonds just ended a season in which he broke Hank Aaron’s all-time home run record of 755. He has since been indicted on federal charges for allegedly lying under oath when he told a grand jury he had never used performance-enhancing drugs. He will be arraigned next month. (Variety)
Posted December 1 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Prince announces three-day Labor Day party ahead of album release
- ABC Family's 13 Nights of Halloween: Who's joining Harry Potter and Batman?
- Christian Slater weighs in on 'Mr. Robot' twist and season finale
- 'Mr. Robot' finale postmortem: Creator Sam Esmail answers burning questions
- 'iZombie' season 2 trailer teases what (or who) is on the menu for Liv Moore
- Casting Net: Mad Men star Jessica Pare cast in Lovesick
- 'Can't Buy Me Love' star Amanda Peterson's cause of death was an overdose
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!