Akon is set to appear in Fishkill, N.Y. Town Court on Monday (Dec. 3) to face criminal charges related to an incident last June when he allegedly threw a fan off of the stage onto a woman in the crowd, who says she suffered a concussion. He will be arraigned on a misdemeanor charge of endangering the welfare of a minor, and a second-degree harassment violation. The incident, a video of which was widely distributed on the Internet, started when a security guard pointed out a 15-year-old boy who allegedly threw something at Akon on stage. The culprit was sent up to the stage, where Akon hoisted him up on his shoulders and then threw him back into the crowd. The boy landed on Abby Rosa, who told the Poughkeepsie Journal she suffered a concussion. Akon’s lawyer said in June that there is no basis for criminal charges. (AP via Yahoo!)
Posted December 3 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Sundance announces 2017 Premieres, Spotlight, Midnight, Kids sections
- 'Westworld' showrunners: Anybody could return in season 2
- 'Moana': Watch the gorgeous video for 'We Know the Way'
- Al Gore, Donald Trump, and Ivanka Trump meet to talk climate change
- Tim Roth reveals his grandfather sexually abused him, his father
- 'Biggest Loser' winner on regaining weight: 'I feel ashamed'
- Beyoncé, Taylor Swift dominated Tumblr in 2016
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday