The first six minutes of Warner Bros.’ The Dark Knight, the next Batman movie, will appear as a preview in Imax theaters before the studio’s I Am Legend, which opens Dec. 14. Knight features Heath Ledger as The Joker. Director Chris Nolan, who also helmed 2005’s Batman Begins, opted to shoot part of the new film using 70mm Imax cameras. The sequence debuting on Dec. 14 depicts a team of robbers wearing clown masks entering a bank for a planned heist when things take an unexpected turn. The first look at Ledger’s chilling Joker is generating quite a buzz. ”Seeing this extraordinary face, eight stories high… you can smell his breath,” Nolan said. ”He’s a very overwhelming personality, and there’s incredible texture to his appearance. It’s a creepy moment, as it should be.” Production on the movie just wrapped. It’s scheduled for a July 18 release. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted December 7 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Robin Williams' widow pens essay about his brain disorder
- Former 'Power Rangers' star denies killing his roommate with a sword
- Watch Britney Spears sing Taylor Swift's 'Shake It Off' on helium
- 'Once Upon a Time': Is there hope for Belle and Rumple?
- Colin Trevorrow: 'Jurassic World 2' will be 'suspenseful and scary'
- NBC scraps 'Mail Order Family' comedy after backlash
- 'Stranger Things' is even stranger in 8-bit animated remake