The first six minutes of Warner Bros.’ The Dark Knight, the next Batman movie, will appear as a preview in Imax theaters before the studio’s I Am Legend, which opens Dec. 14. Knight features Heath Ledger as The Joker. Director Chris Nolan, who also helmed 2005’s Batman Begins, opted to shoot part of the new film using 70mm Imax cameras. The sequence debuting on Dec. 14 depicts a team of robbers wearing clown masks entering a bank for a planned heist when things take an unexpected turn. The first look at Ledger’s chilling Joker is generating quite a buzz. ”Seeing this extraordinary face, eight stories high… you can smell his breath,” Nolan said. ”He’s a very overwhelming personality, and there’s incredible texture to his appearance. It’s a creepy moment, as it should be.” Production on the movie just wrapped. It’s scheduled for a July 18 release. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted December 7 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Pac-Man turns 35: Looking back on three-plus decades of video games, pop culture, and cereal
- 'Mad Men' finale attracts record audience
- Cast your vote in EW's TV Season Finale Awards
- 'Scream Queens' exclusive: See brand new footage from this fall's horror comedy
- Jesse McCartney admits he's 'not a computer person,' carpools with 'Young & Hungry' co-star
- Bill Paxton talks 'Texas Rising': 'I believe I was born to play Sam Houston'
- Arya ready? 'Game of Thrones' fave Maisie Williams on life as wildest woman in Westeros
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Kendall & Lily, Jon Bon Jovi, Chanel Iman and More!