The first six minutes of Warner Bros.’ The Dark Knight, the next Batman movie, will appear as a preview in Imax theaters before the studio’s I Am Legend, which opens Dec. 14. Knight features Heath Ledger as The Joker. Director Chris Nolan, who also helmed 2005’s Batman Begins, opted to shoot part of the new film using 70mm Imax cameras. The sequence debuting on Dec. 14 depicts a team of robbers wearing clown masks entering a bank for a planned heist when things take an unexpected turn. The first look at Ledger’s chilling Joker is generating quite a buzz. ”Seeing this extraordinary face, eight stories high… you can smell his breath,” Nolan said. ”He’s a very overwhelming personality, and there’s incredible texture to his appearance. It’s a creepy moment, as it should be.” Production on the movie just wrapped. It’s scheduled for a July 18 release. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted December 7 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Box office preview: 'Don't Breathe' stalks top spot
- Rory Culkin's life becomes a nightmare in trailer for 'Jack Goes Home'
- Denzel Washington circling lead role in Dan Gilroy's 'Inner City'
- Hear Florence + the Machine's 'Wish That You Were Here'
- Ann Coulter, Ralph Macchio added to Rob Lowe roast
- 'Days of Our Lives' star Kassie DePaiva reveals leukemia diagnosis
- Final Five gymnastics team will present at the VMAs