The first six minutes of Warner Bros.’ The Dark Knight, the next Batman movie, will appear as a preview in Imax theaters before the studio’s I Am Legend, which opens Dec. 14. Knight features Heath Ledger as The Joker. Director Chris Nolan, who also helmed 2005’s Batman Begins, opted to shoot part of the new film using 70mm Imax cameras. The sequence debuting on Dec. 14 depicts a team of robbers wearing clown masks entering a bank for a planned heist when things take an unexpected turn. The first look at Ledger’s chilling Joker is generating quite a buzz. ”Seeing this extraordinary face, eight stories high… you can smell his breath,” Nolan said. ”He’s a very overwhelming personality, and there’s incredible texture to his appearance. It’s a creepy moment, as it should be.” Production on the movie just wrapped. It’s scheduled for a July 18 release. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted December 7 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- First look at the new 'Ghostbusters' uniforms
- Big Sean's 'Play No Games' video is a spot-on parody of 'Martin'
- Floyd Mayweather, Katy Perry top Forbes' Celebrity 100 list
- Vertigo comic book movies headed to New Line
- Marvel’s 'Ant-Man' L.A. premiere livestream: Watch the red carpet arrivals here at 9 ET/6 PT
- Chris Pratt as Jason Statham in now-surfaced 'SNL' deleted sketch
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: New EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Rita Ora, Matthew, Darren & Jennifer, Brandy & More!