The first six minutes of Warner Bros.’ The Dark Knight, the next Batman movie, will appear as a preview in Imax theaters before the studio’s I Am Legend, which opens Dec. 14. Knight features Heath Ledger as The Joker. Director Chris Nolan, who also helmed 2005’s Batman Begins, opted to shoot part of the new film using 70mm Imax cameras. The sequence debuting on Dec. 14 depicts a team of robbers wearing clown masks entering a bank for a planned heist when things take an unexpected turn. The first look at Ledger’s chilling Joker is generating quite a buzz. ”Seeing this extraordinary face, eight stories high… you can smell his breath,” Nolan said. ”He’s a very overwhelming personality, and there’s incredible texture to his appearance. It’s a creepy moment, as it should be.” Production on the movie just wrapped. It’s scheduled for a July 18 release. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted December 7 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Miley Cyrus reveals what a rainbow tastes like during Tumblr Q&A
- Watch Tom Bergeron discover his fancy roots on 'Who Do You Think You Are?'
- Steve Carell joins Woody Allen's next movie, replacing Bruce Willis
- 'Complications' canceled at USA
- 'No Escape' reviews: What are the critics saying?
- Darren Criss & Aaron Tveit duet 'Take Me or Leave Me' from 'Rent'
- Julian Seinfeld's lemonade stand shut down by the police
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!