The first six minutes of Warner Bros.’ The Dark Knight, the next Batman movie, will appear as a preview in Imax theaters before the studio’s I Am Legend, which opens Dec. 14. Knight features Heath Ledger as The Joker. Director Chris Nolan, who also helmed 2005’s Batman Begins, opted to shoot part of the new film using 70mm Imax cameras. The sequence debuting on Dec. 14 depicts a team of robbers wearing clown masks entering a bank for a planned heist when things take an unexpected turn. The first look at Ledger’s chilling Joker is generating quite a buzz. ”Seeing this extraordinary face, eight stories high… you can smell his breath,” Nolan said. ”He’s a very overwhelming personality, and there’s incredible texture to his appearance. It’s a creepy moment, as it should be.” Production on the movie just wrapped. It’s scheduled for a July 18 release. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- 'The Americans' bosses on Paige, her future, and the endgame after (spoiler!)
- Casting Net: Anna Kendrick joins Zac Efron in 'Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates'
- Will Ferrell, Kristen Wiig in Lifetime movie (no, really!)
- Kendrick Lamar goes back to Compton for 'King Kunta' video: Watch
- Katie Couric pulls off 'an amazing prank' on James Corden for April Fools' Day: Watch
- From People: Courteney Cox steals Erin Foster's socks in 'Barely Famous' clip
- 'Grey's Anatomy' finale: A kidnapping! A massive earthquake! A crossover!