The first six minutes of Warner Bros.’ The Dark Knight, the next Batman movie, will appear as a preview in Imax theaters before the studio’s I Am Legend, which opens Dec. 14. Knight features Heath Ledger as The Joker. Director Chris Nolan, who also helmed 2005’s Batman Begins, opted to shoot part of the new film using 70mm Imax cameras. The sequence debuting on Dec. 14 depicts a team of robbers wearing clown masks entering a bank for a planned heist when things take an unexpected turn. The first look at Ledger’s chilling Joker is generating quite a buzz. ”Seeing this extraordinary face, eight stories high… you can smell his breath,” Nolan said. ”He’s a very overwhelming personality, and there’s incredible texture to his appearance. It’s a creepy moment, as it should be.” Production on the movie just wrapped. It’s scheduled for a July 18 release. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted December 7 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Madonna fires back at BET after Twitter diss: 'I will shade you'
- Here's how Mindy Kaling pranked B.J. Novak on 'The Office'
- Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros host vow renewal at N.C. show
- Hugh Jackman congratulates class of 2016 with graduation throwback pic
- 'Kung Fury' director teases a sequel
- Stan Lee weighs in on the 'Captain America' Hydra twist
- Watch Lady Gaga ride with Mario Andretti at the Indianapolis 500
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers