The first six minutes of Warner Bros.’ The Dark Knight, the next Batman movie, will appear as a preview in Imax theaters before the studio’s I Am Legend, which opens Dec. 14. Knight features Heath Ledger as The Joker. Director Chris Nolan, who also helmed 2005’s Batman Begins, opted to shoot part of the new film using 70mm Imax cameras. The sequence debuting on Dec. 14 depicts a team of robbers wearing clown masks entering a bank for a planned heist when things take an unexpected turn. The first look at Ledger’s chilling Joker is generating quite a buzz. ”Seeing this extraordinary face, eight stories high… you can smell his breath,” Nolan said. ”He’s a very overwhelming personality, and there’s incredible texture to his appearance. It’s a creepy moment, as it should be.” Production on the movie just wrapped. It’s scheduled for a July 18 release. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted December 7 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Meek Mill hits back at Drake with diss track 'Wanna Know'
- 'Graceland' postmortem: Is Paige in over her head?
- 'Wet Hot' creators provide teases for 40 characters in the prequel
- Patricia Arquette to voice witch in 'Troll: The Rise of Harry Potter Jr.'
- Caitlyn Jenner practices her 'feminine voice' in 'I Am Cait' clip
- Dwayne Johnson on Hulk Hogan's racist rant: 'We've all talked trash'
- Jared Padalecki posted his first-ever #TBT: 13 more 'Supernatural' throwbacks
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!