Initially convincing as a doe-eyed billionaire with a bad ticker and a hot gal pal (Jessica Alba), Hayden Christensen ends up whining like Anakin Skywalker in voice-over when Awake’s high-concept conceit — involving anesthesia on the operating table that doesn’t fully kick in — has his character ridiculously narrating the film from beyond. Too bad, because until it essentially turns into a medical-thriller version of Look Who’s Talking, the movie hums along comfortably enough as slick B fare. A few of the twists even work — provided you haven’t seen the giveaway trailer. C+
Starring: Jessica Alba, Hayden Christensen, Terrence Howard; Release Date Wide: 11/30/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 84; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: MGM
Posted December 10 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Pure Genius': Augustus Prew teases show's upcoming love triangle
- Donald Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame star destroyed
- Patton Oswalt on his wife's death: 'Grief is an attack on life'
- The Shins share music video for new song, 'Dead Alive'
- Emily Barr previews new YA novel, 'The One Memory of Flora Banks'
- Niall Horan plays Would You Rather? on 'Ellen'
- WATCH: A bachelor party turns bloody in horror film 'SiREN' — exclusive
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like