Initially convincing as a doe-eyed billionaire with a bad ticker and a hot gal pal (Jessica Alba), Hayden Christensen ends up whining like Anakin Skywalker in voice-over when Awake’s high-concept conceit — involving anesthesia on the operating table that doesn’t fully kick in — has his character ridiculously narrating the film from beyond. Too bad, because until it essentially turns into a medical-thriller version of Look Who’s Talking, the movie hums along comfortably enough as slick B fare. A few of the twists even work — provided you haven’t seen the giveaway trailer. C+
Starring: Jessica Alba, Hayden Christensen, Terrence Howard; Release Date Wide: 11/30/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 84; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: MGM
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- 'Inside Out' clip: Joy has a special job for Sadness on the first day at a new school
- Host Luke Bryan on the ACM Awards' big stage: 'Certain people just really perform when the moment comes'
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany says fan love is 'like fuel for us'
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Olivia Wilde, Brad Paisley, Brandy Norwood & More!