Initially convincing as a doe-eyed billionaire with a bad ticker and a hot gal pal (Jessica Alba), Hayden Christensen ends up whining like Anakin Skywalker in voice-over when Awake’s high-concept conceit — involving anesthesia on the operating table that doesn’t fully kick in — has his character ridiculously narrating the film from beyond. Too bad, because until it essentially turns into a medical-thriller version of Look Who’s Talking, the movie hums along comfortably enough as slick B fare. A few of the twists even work — provided you haven’t seen the giveaway trailer. C+
Starring: Jessica Alba, Hayden Christensen, Terrence Howard; Release Date Wide: 11/30/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 84; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: MGM
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- See Martha Stewart, Ron Burgundy and more show up to Justin Bieber roast
- Justified: Watch Raylan's 10 all-time best showdowns
- My Morning Jacket releases spacey "Spring (Among The Living)," second track off upcoming album
- Sequel to Stieg Larsson's Millennium series gets title and cover
- Robin Williams' widow and children agree to mediation over his estate
- Zayn Malik's first solo music leaks
- Exclusive 'Zoo' poster claims that 'the wild shall inherit the earth'
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Tracee Ellis Ross, Hilary Duff, Scott Eastwood & More!