Initially convincing as a doe-eyed billionaire with a bad ticker and a hot gal pal (Jessica Alba), Hayden Christensen ends up whining like Anakin Skywalker in voice-over when Awake’s high-concept conceit — involving anesthesia on the operating table that doesn’t fully kick in — has his character ridiculously narrating the film from beyond. Too bad, because until it essentially turns into a medical-thriller version of Look Who’s Talking, the movie hums along comfortably enough as slick B fare. A few of the twists even work — provided you haven’t seen the giveaway trailer. C+
Starring: Jessica Alba, Hayden Christensen, Terrence Howard; Release Date Wide: 11/30/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 84; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: MGM
Posted December 10 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Morrissey says he was sexually assaulted at San Francisco airport
- Listen to Prince's new, 'Kiss'-referencing single 'Stare'
- See the heart-stopping first trailer Netflix's 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Read an exclusive excerpt from 'The Dead House' by Dawn Kurtagich
- Tawney breaks down in 'Rectify' exclusive clip
- 'Fantastic Four' cast to make their first late-night appearance on 'WWHL' — exclusive
- Ed Helms rescues Bear Grylls on 'Running Wild' (well, sort of)
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Ed Helms, Jenny McCarthy, Joel Edgerton & More!