The old rap on Guy Ritchie (Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels) is that he makes the same film again and again, and Revolver starts out in that snazzy-crime vein, as an ex-con (Jason Statham) plots revenge against a well-dressed gambler (Ray Liotta). Then the movie butts up against the director’s newfound pretensions — pseudo-philosophical voice-over, psychobabble, faux-art-film plotting — and turns incomprehensible. Ironically, a few deft shoot-outs make you wish he’d just delivered another straight-on Guy Ritchie flick. C-
Genre: Drama; Starring: Ray Liotta, Jason Statham, Andre Benjamin; Director: Guy Ritchie; Author: Luc Besson, Guy Ritchie; Release Date Limited: 12/07/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 106; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Samuel Goldwyn Films
Posted December 10 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Jonah Hill to host 'Saturday Night Live'
- Interracial marriage drama 'Loving' acquired by Focus Features
- Lady Gaga is getting her own 'Monster High' doll
- Melissa McCarthy hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Chiwetel Ejiofor says he'll never forgive Mark from 'Love Actually'
- Hear Disney princesses sing in their original languages
- Jesse Eisenberg says Lex Luthor in 'Batman v Superman' is a modern take