The old rap on Guy Ritchie (Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels) is that he makes the same film again and again, and Revolver starts out in that snazzy-crime vein, as an ex-con (Jason Statham) plots revenge against a well-dressed gambler (Ray Liotta). Then the movie butts up against the director’s newfound pretensions — pseudo-philosophical voice-over, psychobabble, faux-art-film plotting — and turns incomprehensible. Ironically, a few deft shoot-outs make you wish he’d just delivered another straight-on Guy Ritchie flick. C-
Genre: Drama; Starring: Ray Liotta, Jason Statham, Andre Benjamin; Director: Guy Ritchie; Author: Luc Besson, Guy Ritchie; Release Date Limited: 12/07/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 106; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Samuel Goldwyn Films
Posted December 10 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Reviews are in for 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'
- Grumpy Cat to join Broadway's 'Cats'
- WATCH: 'Stranger Things' kid Caleb McLaughlin in 'New Edition Story'
- Big bad revealed for 'Arrow'-'Flash'-'Supergirl'-'Legends' crossover
- 'Bajillion Dollar Propertie$' gets wet and wild in season 2 trailer
- Stars recreate Michael Jackson's 'Beat It' for 'Lip Sync Battle'
- Jake Miller and Cardiknox join EW PopFest lineup