The old rap on Guy Ritchie (Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels) is that he makes the same film again and again, and Revolver starts out in that snazzy-crime vein, as an ex-con (Jason Statham) plots revenge against a well-dressed gambler (Ray Liotta). Then the movie butts up against the director’s newfound pretensions — pseudo-philosophical voice-over, psychobabble, faux-art-film plotting — and turns incomprehensible. Ironically, a few deft shoot-outs make you wish he’d just delivered another straight-on Guy Ritchie flick. C-
Genre: Drama; Starring: Ray Liotta, Jason Statham, Andre Benjamin; Director: Guy Ritchie; Author: Luc Besson, Guy Ritchie; Release Date Limited: 12/07/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 106; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Samuel Goldwyn Films
Posted December 10 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Vampire Diaries' cast recalls what it was like working with Nina Dobrev
- The best VMA moments, according to Facebook
- Dylan's Candy Bar is celebrating 'Mean Girls' with themed candy
- 11 outrageous moments from Miley Cyrus' surprise album
- 'Faking It' season 2B supertease: Karma and Amy pretend to be a couple again — exclusive
- Why Bill Murray agreed to appear in the next 'Ghostbusters'
- Keith Richards talks solo album, documentary, and trying to get the Stones back in the studio
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!