I know you’re supposed to just go with the premise of this chick pap: Hunky Irishguy (300’s Gerard Butler, dining in hell) dies from a brain tumor that never affected his good looks, but not before leaving love letters to cheer his shoe-collecting wife (Hilary Swank) in her first year of widowhood. FYI, there’s zero chemistry between P.S. I Love You’s two commodified headliners. P.S.: The plus in the harsh grade goes solely to the divine Lisa Kudrow, delivering desperately needed laughs as the twitchy widow’s husband-hunting best friend. D+
(Norman Jean Roy)
Genre: Comedy, Drama; Starring: Gerard Butler, Hilary Swank, Lisa Kudrow; Director: Richard LaGravenese; Author: Richard LaGravenese, Steven Rogers; Release Date Wide: 12/21/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 126; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted December 12 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Watch Kelly Clarkson adorably forget the lyrics to her songs
- Katy Perry reveals which line of her DNC speech Orlando Bloom wrote
- Chandra Levy miniseries in works at TNT
- Nick Jonas, Demi Lovato send fans on scavenger hunt for concert tickets
- 'Pokémon Go' nests are reportedly spawning different Pokémon
- Disney changes 'Avengers: Infinity War Part 1' title
- Constance Wu says Matt Damon's 'Great Wall' perpetuates 'racist myth'