I know you’re supposed to just go with the premise of this chick pap: Hunky Irishguy (300’s Gerard Butler, dining in hell) dies from a brain tumor that never affected his good looks, but not before leaving love letters to cheer his shoe-collecting wife (Hilary Swank) in her first year of widowhood. FYI, there’s zero chemistry between P.S. I Love You’s two commodified headliners. P.S.: The plus in the harsh grade goes solely to the divine Lisa Kudrow, delivering desperately needed laughs as the twitchy widow’s husband-hunting best friend. D+
(Norman Jean Roy)
Genre: Comedy, Drama; Starring: Gerard Butler, Hilary Swank, Lisa Kudrow; Director: Richard LaGravenese; Author: Richard LaGravenese, Steven Rogers; Release Date Wide: 12/21/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 126; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted December 12 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- And the final 'Bachelor in Paradise' contestant is ...
- 'Disney Infinity 3.0' developer discusses bringing iconic 'Star Wars' characters to the franchise
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' showrunner promises 'psychological tension'
- The next generation of male pop stars, from Harry Styles to The Weeknd
- The slow, curious fade of the male pop star
- Final 'Dexter' book says farewell to serial killer Dexter Morgan
- Kel Mitchell talks return to Nickelodeon this fall in 'Game Shakers'
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Pippa Middleton, Ryan Reynolds, Jessica Alba & More!