I know you’re supposed to just go with the premise of this chick pap: Hunky Irishguy (300’s Gerard Butler, dining in hell) dies from a brain tumor that never affected his good looks, but not before leaving love letters to cheer his shoe-collecting wife (Hilary Swank) in her first year of widowhood. FYI, there’s zero chemistry between P.S. I Love You’s two commodified headliners. P.S.: The plus in the harsh grade goes solely to the divine Lisa Kudrow, delivering desperately needed laughs as the twitchy widow’s husband-hunting best friend. D+
(Norman Jean Roy)
Genre: Comedy, Drama; Starring: Gerard Butler, Hilary Swank, Lisa Kudrow; Director: Richard LaGravenese; Author: Richard LaGravenese, Steven Rogers; Release Date Wide: 12/21/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 126; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- 'Walking Dead' showrunner Scott M. Gimple teases NEXT season
- 'Walking Dead' season finale: Our quick take on 'Conquer'--and yours?
- Justin Timberlake accepts iHeart Radio Innovator Award, recalls when 'they called me weird'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead': First promo's here
- 'Once Upon a Time': Inside ID of Maleficent's child
- iHeart Radio Music Awards winners are...
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!