I know you’re supposed to just go with the premise of this chick pap: Hunky Irishguy (300’s Gerard Butler, dining in hell) dies from a brain tumor that never affected his good looks, but not before leaving love letters to cheer his shoe-collecting wife (Hilary Swank) in her first year of widowhood. FYI, there’s zero chemistry between P.S. I Love You’s two commodified headliners. P.S.: The plus in the harsh grade goes solely to the divine Lisa Kudrow, delivering desperately needed laughs as the twitchy widow’s husband-hunting best friend. D+
(Norman Jean Roy)
Genre: Comedy, Drama; Starring: Gerard Butler, Hilary Swank, Lisa Kudrow; Director: Richard LaGravenese; Author: Richard LaGravenese, Steven Rogers; Release Date Wide: 12/21/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 126; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted December 12 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Dustin Diamond guilty of 2 misdemeanors
- 5 actresses who've played Marilyn Monroe
- Duggar parents book Fox News interview
- Chris Farley documentary will debut this summer
- Lena Dunham: Hillary Clinton support has nothing to do with gender
- 'Tron 3' not moving forward: Disney
- Casting Net: James Marsden, Rosario Dawson, more lend voices to 'Henchmen'