After 10 years, Francis Ford Coppola has returned. The real question is whether what he’s come back to is filmmaking. In this patchy and ponderous mystico-historical disaster, Tim Roth plays an old professor who regresses to his hardy adulthood after being struck by lightning. He’s doing ”research” on the origins of language, but who cares when Coppola, lurching through the post-war Romanian settings, has forgotten the language of storytelling? The movie is one soporific, depressed, deadeningly vague scene after another. F
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Romance; Starring: Alexandra Maria Lara, Tim Roth, Bruno Ganz; Director: Francis Ford Coppola; Author: Francis Ford Coppola; Release Date Limited: 12/14/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 125; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted December 12 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sesame Street' parodies THAT 'When Harry Met Sally' scene
- Jack Nicholson and Shelley Duvall lay out Beyond Fest lineup
- Marvel shares sneak peek at season 2 of 'Agent Carter'
- Are 'The Revenant' and other Christmas releases at risk of losing SAG voters
- Scott Van Pelt on new midnight 'SportsCenter'
- See an exclusive clip from bonkers Italian horror movie spoof 'The Editor'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star James Pickens Jr. joins Twitter
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!