After 10 years, Francis Ford Coppola has returned. The real question is whether what he’s come back to is filmmaking. In this patchy and ponderous mystico-historical disaster, Tim Roth plays an old professor who regresses to his hardy adulthood after being struck by lightning. He’s doing ”research” on the origins of language, but who cares when Coppola, lurching through the post-war Romanian settings, has forgotten the language of storytelling? The movie is one soporific, depressed, deadeningly vague scene after another. F
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Romance; Starring: Alexandra Maria Lara, Tim Roth, Bruno Ganz; Director: Francis Ford Coppola; Author: Francis Ford Coppola; Release Date Limited: 12/14/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 125; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted December 12 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Eric Church, Maren Morris, Chris Stapleton lead 2016 CMA noms
- 21 nonfiction books to look forward to this fall
- 'Sherlock' men look stylish in first season 4 photo
- John Krasinski, Stephen Colbert pretend to puke to Shakespeare
- Emeril Lagasse previews 'delicious' new Amazon series, 'Eat the World'
- 'Whose billy goat is this?' guys to sing about other animals
- Seth Meyers: Global warming made Earth 'the Donald Trump of planets'