After 10 years, Francis Ford Coppola has returned. The real question is whether what he’s come back to is filmmaking. In this patchy and ponderous mystico-historical disaster, Tim Roth plays an old professor who regresses to his hardy adulthood after being struck by lightning. He’s doing ”research” on the origins of language, but who cares when Coppola, lurching through the post-war Romanian settings, has forgotten the language of storytelling? The movie is one soporific, depressed, deadeningly vague scene after another. F
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Romance; Starring: Alexandra Maria Lara, Tim Roth, Bruno Ganz; Director: Francis Ford Coppola; Author: Francis Ford Coppola; Release Date Limited: 12/14/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 125; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted December 12 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Beyoncé used New Orleans documentary footage 'with permission' in new 'Formation' video: rep
- Larry David hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Listen to Chrisette Michele's a cappella cover of Adele's 'Hello'
- 'Zoolander 2' tries to recreate the magic of Magnum in new clip
- Tony Goldwyn teases Fitz's state of mind in 'Scandal' return
- Lady Gaga says Super Bowl performance is one of the highest honors
- Beyonce surprises with powerful new single, 'Formation'