After 10 years, Francis Ford Coppola has returned. The real question is whether what he’s come back to is filmmaking. In this patchy and ponderous mystico-historical disaster, Tim Roth plays an old professor who regresses to his hardy adulthood after being struck by lightning. He’s doing ”research” on the origins of language, but who cares when Coppola, lurching through the post-war Romanian settings, has forgotten the language of storytelling? The movie is one soporific, depressed, deadeningly vague scene after another. F
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Romance; Starring: Alexandra Maria Lara, Tim Roth, Bruno Ganz; Director: Francis Ford Coppola; Author: Francis Ford Coppola; Release Date Limited: 12/14/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 125; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted December 12 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- New 'American Horror Story' season 6 teasers will make your skin crawl
- DNC: Chelsea Clinton references 'A Wrinkle in Time,' 'Police Academy'
- Hillary Clinton quotes 'Hamilton,' slams Trump in rousing DNC speech
- Twitter reacts to Morgan Freeman-narrated Hillary Clinton doc
- 'The Voice': Bette Midler serving as mentor for Team Blake
- Shonda Rhimes on Hillary Clinton DNC film: 'I didn't have to add a plot twist!'
- Katy Perry performs 'Rise,' 'Roar' at DNC for Hillary Clinton