The trailer for Dec. 14’s Alvin and the Chipmunks might make you cringe, what with that highly unnecessary shot of critter scat. But it’s merely the capper to the Year of the Vermin. Ratatouille star Remy bested Top Chef season 2’s Marcel Vigneron for the title of Most Talented Rat in the Kitchen. A possum scored its own subplot on Desperate Housewives. Splinter was revived for the tragically CGI’ed TMNT. And Enchanted’s housecleaning army of rats, pigeons, and cockroaches was a fizzy high point. We imagine it’s only a matter of time before YouTube’s waterskiing squirrel lands a three-picture deal.
Posted December 14 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- See the Foo Fighters rock out with Blues Traveler's John Popper
- Hootie explains how he got name-checked in 'Mo Money Mo Problems'
- 9 little-known facts about Rihanna's first album
- Faith-based drama in tight race with 'Straight Outta Compton' at box office
- Liam Payne turns 22! See his most GIF-able moments
- Venice Film Festival premiere of star-studded Martin Scorsese short canceled
- Taylor Swift teases 'Wildest Dreams' video with pic of Scott Eastwood
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Darius Rucker, Paris Hilton, Nick & Pharrell and More!