The trailer for Dec. 14’s Alvin and the Chipmunks might make you cringe, what with that highly unnecessary shot of critter scat. But it’s merely the capper to the Year of the Vermin. Ratatouille star Remy bested Top Chef season 2’s Marcel Vigneron for the title of Most Talented Rat in the Kitchen. A possum scored its own subplot on Desperate Housewives. Splinter was revived for the tragically CGI’ed TMNT. And Enchanted’s housecleaning army of rats, pigeons, and cockroaches was a fizzy high point. We imagine it’s only a matter of time before YouTube’s waterskiing squirrel lands a three-picture deal.
Posted December 14 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Keke Palmer: 'Scream Queens' will be just 'as brutal' as 'American Horror Story'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- Dave Grohl's game of throne in D.C.
- Kit Harington: Buzz about his long hair
- Missy Elliott takes show into the crowd at Essence Fest
- 'Jurassic World' stomps 'Terminator Genisys,' 'Magic Mike XXL' at holiday box office
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!