The trailer for Dec. 14’s Alvin and the Chipmunks might make you cringe, what with that highly unnecessary shot of critter scat. But it’s merely the capper to the Year of the Vermin. Ratatouille star Remy bested Top Chef season 2’s Marcel Vigneron for the title of Most Talented Rat in the Kitchen. A possum scored its own subplot on Desperate Housewives. Splinter was revived for the tragically CGI’ed TMNT. And Enchanted’s housecleaning army of rats, pigeons, and cockroaches was a fizzy high point. We imagine it’s only a matter of time before YouTube’s waterskiing squirrel lands a three-picture deal.
Posted December 14 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Michael Shannon joins Broadway's 'Long Day’s Journey Into Night' revival
- Janis Ian: 'I have a personal stake' in Bill Cosby
- 'Sicario': Emily Blunt faces the cartels in exclusive new poster
- Metallica gets the comic book treatment
- Prepare to be enchanted by this Hayao Miyazaki tribute video
- David Faustino teases 'Married... with Children' spin-off
- Jon Stewart reveals what he's been scribbling all these years
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Ellie Kemper, Matthew Fox, The VS Angels & More!