December Boys, a ’60s-set Aussie yarn, probably wouldn’t have found U.S. distribution but for the presence of Harry Potter. As the oldest of four orphans (all born in December) on holiday with a benevolent old man by the sea, Radcliffe plays a moody adolescent hoping to be adopted and ready for some under-the-bra adventures. The boys’ sentimental journey leads to an inevitable riptide — literal and figurative — that tears them apart before bonding them back together. EXTRAS Deleted scenes might have made some details (like prospective parents’ marital woes) more clear. B-
Genre: Romance, Drama; Starring: James Fraser, Daniel Radcliffe; Director: Rod Hardy; Author: Michael Noonan; Release Date Limited: 09/14/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Independent Pictures
Posted December 14 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'The View': Rosie Perez says she would return for a 'visit'
- J.K. Rowling sorts James Sirius Potter and Teddy Lupin into Hogwarts houses
- Good news, Leslie Knope: Hillary Clinton is a fan of 'Parks and Rec'
- See a supercut of shrieks from Wes Craven's filmography
- See Toni Collette and Drew Barrymore in 'Miss You Already' trailer
- Zachary Levi will replace Josh Radnor on Broadway
- 'Madam Secretary': Eric Stoltz to play Téa Leoni's brother
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Laura & Andrew, Rihanna and More!