December Boys, a ’60s-set Aussie yarn, probably wouldn’t have found U.S. distribution but for the presence of Harry Potter. As the oldest of four orphans (all born in December) on holiday with a benevolent old man by the sea, Radcliffe plays a moody adolescent hoping to be adopted and ready for some under-the-bra adventures. The boys’ sentimental journey leads to an inevitable riptide — literal and figurative — that tears them apart before bonding them back together. EXTRAS Deleted scenes might have made some details (like prospective parents’ marital woes) more clear. B-
Genre: Romance, Drama; Starring: James Fraser, Daniel Radcliffe; Director: Rod Hardy; Author: Michael Noonan; Release Date Limited: 09/14/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Independent Pictures
Posted December 14 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Leonardo DiCaprio isn't afraid to die anymore in new 'The Revenant' promo
- Penguin and Riddler sing Gordon a lullaby in exclusive 'Gotham' sneak peek
- Amy Schumer shows off bruises from 'Saturday Night Live' sketch
- X marks Mulder and Scully in exclusive new 'X-Files' poster
- Animal Collective announce 'Painting With,' share 'FloriDada'
- J.J. Abrams is excited for mothers and daughters to see new 'Star Wars'
- Peter Jackson teases 'Doctor Who' directing gig