December Boys, a ’60s-set Aussie yarn, probably wouldn’t have found U.S. distribution but for the presence of Harry Potter. As the oldest of four orphans (all born in December) on holiday with a benevolent old man by the sea, Radcliffe plays a moody adolescent hoping to be adopted and ready for some under-the-bra adventures. The boys’ sentimental journey leads to an inevitable riptide — literal and figurative — that tears them apart before bonding them back together. EXTRAS Deleted scenes might have made some details (like prospective parents’ marital woes) more clear. B-
Genre: Romance, Drama; Starring: James Fraser, Daniel Radcliffe; Director: Rod Hardy; Author: Michael Noonan; Release Date Limited: 09/14/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Independent Pictures
Posted December 14 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Teen Wolf' at Comic Con: Chris isn't the only Argent returning
- What we learned from the 'Mr. Robot' New York Comic-Con panel
- The Walk reviews: What did the critics say?
- 'Teen Wolf' sets January return date
- Robin Williams works his magic in 'Aladdin' outtakes
- See the first trailer for 'The Mortal Instruments' TV series 'Shadowhunters'
- CBS orders murder mystery from Steven Spielberg's Amblin Television