December Boys, a ’60s-set Aussie yarn, probably wouldn’t have found U.S. distribution but for the presence of Harry Potter. As the oldest of four orphans (all born in December) on holiday with a benevolent old man by the sea, Radcliffe plays a moody adolescent hoping to be adopted and ready for some under-the-bra adventures. The boys’ sentimental journey leads to an inevitable riptide — literal and figurative — that tears them apart before bonding them back together. EXTRAS Deleted scenes might have made some details (like prospective parents’ marital woes) more clear. B-
Genre: Romance, Drama; Starring: James Fraser, Daniel Radcliffe; Director: Rod Hardy; Author: Michael Noonan; Release Date Limited: 09/14/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Independent Pictures
Posted December 14 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Barack Obama crashes Stephen Colbert's post-Super Bowl 'Late Show'
- Twitter finds unofficial Super Bowl mascot in diarrhea medication ad
- Schick channels 'Transformers' for Super Bowl 50 ad
- Taraji P. Henson confuses Coldplay with Maroon 5: 'Oooooooopppps. Lmao!'
- These are the best Super Bowl 50 halftime show GIFs
- Psylocke swoops in during 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Super Bowl teaser
- See all the movie trailers that aired during Super Bowl 50