Director Matthew Vaughn (Layer Cake) describes his initial concept for this lighthearted fantasy — about a man (Charlie Cox) who falls in love with a shooting star (Claire Danes) — as ”Princess Bride meets Midnight Run.” Stardust isn’t as original as either, and at two hours plus, it drags, especially when Robert De Niro arrives as an unaccountably fey pirate. But it has its charms, like Michelle Pfeiffer’s spirited turn as an evil witch. EXTRAS In a making-of, Stardust author Neil Gaiman says he felt guilty the production had to build the flying pirate ship he’d only imagined for the novel. B
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Claire Danes, Michelle Pfeiffer, Charlie Cox, Robert De Niro, Sienna Miller; Director: Matthew Vaughn; Author: Jane Goldman, Matthew Vaughn; Release Date Wide: 08/10/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 125; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted December 14 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode: 'It was an important one for us'
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Ryan Reynolds makes young fan's dream come true on 'Deadpool' set
- And the winner of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest is...
- Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining' at 35: Horror director Ted Geoghegan pays tribute
- Sting and Jimmy Fallon take 'Roxanne' to barbershop
- 'Mad Max' gets the 'Mario Kart' mashup it deserves
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!