Director Matthew Vaughn (Layer Cake) describes his initial concept for this lighthearted fantasy — about a man (Charlie Cox) who falls in love with a shooting star (Claire Danes) — as ”Princess Bride meets Midnight Run.” Stardust isn’t as original as either, and at two hours plus, it drags, especially when Robert De Niro arrives as an unaccountably fey pirate. But it has its charms, like Michelle Pfeiffer’s spirited turn as an evil witch. EXTRAS In a making-of, Stardust author Neil Gaiman says he felt guilty the production had to build the flying pirate ship he’d only imagined for the novel. B
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Claire Danes, Michelle Pfeiffer, Charlie Cox, Robert De Niro, Sienna Miller; Director: Matthew Vaughn; Author: Jane Goldman, Matthew Vaughn; Release Date Wide: 08/10/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 125; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted December 14 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 21 nonfiction books to look forward to this fall
- 'Sherlock' men look stylish in first season 4 photo
- John Krasinski, Stephen Colbert pretend to puke to Shakespeare
- Emeril Lagasse previews 'delicious' new Amazon series, 'Eat the World'
- 'Whose billy goat is this?' guys to sing about other animals
- Seth Meyers: Global warming made Earth 'the Donald Trump of planets'
- ABC renews deal to broadcast the Oscars through 2028