Director Matthew Vaughn (Layer Cake) describes his initial concept for this lighthearted fantasy — about a man (Charlie Cox) who falls in love with a shooting star (Claire Danes) — as ”Princess Bride meets Midnight Run.” Stardust isn’t as original as either, and at two hours plus, it drags, especially when Robert De Niro arrives as an unaccountably fey pirate. But it has its charms, like Michelle Pfeiffer’s spirited turn as an evil witch. EXTRAS In a making-of, Stardust author Neil Gaiman says he felt guilty the production had to build the flying pirate ship he’d only imagined for the novel. B
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Claire Danes, Michelle Pfeiffer, Charlie Cox, Robert De Niro, Sienna Miller; Director: Matthew Vaughn; Author: Jane Goldman, Matthew Vaughn; Release Date Wide: 08/10/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 125; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted December 14 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Agent Carter' takes on Tinseltown in season 2 teaser
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Zach Galligan wants to return for 'Gremlins 3'
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'
- 'Gods of Egypt' director: 'Our casting choices should have been more diverse'
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright
- Hear Sia's new single 'One Million Bullets'