Director Matthew Vaughn (Layer Cake) describes his initial concept for this lighthearted fantasy — about a man (Charlie Cox) who falls in love with a shooting star (Claire Danes) — as ”Princess Bride meets Midnight Run.” Stardust isn’t as original as either, and at two hours plus, it drags, especially when Robert De Niro arrives as an unaccountably fey pirate. But it has its charms, like Michelle Pfeiffer’s spirited turn as an evil witch. EXTRAS In a making-of, Stardust author Neil Gaiman says he felt guilty the production had to build the flying pirate ship he’d only imagined for the novel. B
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Claire Danes, Michelle Pfeiffer, Charlie Cox, Robert De Niro, Sienna Miller; Director: Matthew Vaughn; Author: Jane Goldman, Matthew Vaughn; Release Date Wide: 08/10/2007; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 125; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted December 14 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Helen Mirren poses with three wax figures of herself at Madame Tussauds
- I found out 'Silk Stalkings' was on Hulu and now I can't stop watching
- Cate Blanchett and Robert Redford's 'Truth' gets October release date
- Salma Hayek on Donald Trump: 'I cannot be insulted by stupidity'
- Learn the story behind National Lampoon in 'Drunk Stoned Brilliant Dead' trailer
- 'This Is Me': Watch the Emmy-nominated docuseries right here
- Alicia Keys returns with '28 Thousand Days'
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!