Director Matthew Vaughn (Layer Cake) describes his initial concept for this lighthearted fantasy — about a man (Charlie Cox) who falls in love with a shooting star (Claire Danes) — as ”Princess Bride meets Midnight Run.” Stardust isn’t as original as either, and at two hours plus, it drags, especially when Robert De Niro arrives as an unaccountably fey pirate. But it has its charms, like Michelle Pfeiffer’s spirited turn as an evil witch. EXTRAS In a making-of, Stardust author Neil Gaiman says he felt guilty the production had to build the flying pirate ship he’d only imagined for the novel. B
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Claire Danes, Michelle Pfeiffer, Charlie Cox, Robert De Niro, Sienna Miller; Director: Matthew Vaughn; Author: Jane Goldman, Matthew Vaughn; Release Date Wide: 08/10/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 125; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted December 14 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Criminal Minds': Thomas Gibson returns for premiere
- 'Birth of a Nation' director Nate Parker to appear on '60 Minutes'
- Bon Iver played a surprise concert at Berlin hotel
- 'Empire': Listen to 'Infamous' by Mariah Carey, Jussie Smollett & cast
- Marvel's 'Black Panther' has found another villain
- Brad Pitt takes voluntary drug test for DCFS investigation
- 'Blindspot': Can Jane trust Roman?