Singer-songwriter Dan Folgelberg died of cancer on Sunday (Dec. 16) at his home in Maine. He was 56. Fogelberg had several hit records in the 1970s and ’80s, fueled by soft-rock hits like ”The Power of Gold” and ”Leader of the Band,” a tribute he wrote to his father, a bandleader. His last record was 2003’s Full Circle, his first album of original material in a decade. When he was diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer a year later, he released a statement thanking his fans: ”It is truly overwhelming and humbling to realize how many lives my music has touched so deeply all these years … I thank you from the very depths of my heart.” Folgelberg is survived by his wife, Jean. (AP via Yahoo!)
Posted December 18 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Ghostbusters' Leslie Jones celebrates birthday with special Ecto-1 cake
- Tyler Perry shares touching tribute from Bobbi Kristina Brown's funeral
- See Hugh Jackman bring back the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- See Beyoncé birthday wishes from Gwyneth Paltrow, Blue Ivy, and more
- See Kevin Bacon's sweet anniversary tribute to Kyra Sedgwick
- Idris Elba addresses James Bond casting speculation
- Jimmy Fallon thanks Madame Tussauds for making a wax figure of Grumpy Cat
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Dakota Johnson, Keanu Reeves, Bar Refaeli & More!