(FROM VARIETY) - Alec Baldwin has joined Cameron Diaz, Dakota Fanning, and Elle Fanning in My Sister’s Keeper, director Nick Cassavetes’ adaptation of Jodi Picoult’s novel for New Line. Baldwin will play the attorney who represents a child (Elle Fanning) who is suing her parents for emancipation on the grounds that they bred her to be a genetic match that could help her cancer-ridden sister (Dakota Fanning). The girl’s mother (Diaz) is a former trial lawyer and represents herself in court. Baldwin’s other current feature projects include voicing a character in Madagascar 2. His NBC series, 30 Rock, has halted production due to the writers’ strike. (Variety)
Posted December 19 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Joffrey comments on violence against women on 'Game of Thrones'
- Zayn Malik signs with RCA, says he 'left' 1D to 'show you who I really am'
- Cat Power will narrate the Janis Joplin documentary 'Janis'
- Niles Rodgers talks making 'cool as s--t' music with Beck
- Brie Larson's 'Room' gets October release date
- Trevor Noah delivers race-focused stand-up set, talks taking over for Jon Stewart
- Here's what's in store for 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' season 10
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!