(FROM VARIETY) - Alec Baldwin has joined Cameron Diaz, Dakota Fanning, and Elle Fanning in My Sister’s Keeper, director Nick Cassavetes’ adaptation of Jodi Picoult’s novel for New Line. Baldwin will play the attorney who represents a child (Elle Fanning) who is suing her parents for emancipation on the grounds that they bred her to be a genetic match that could help her cancer-ridden sister (Dakota Fanning). The girl’s mother (Diaz) is a former trial lawyer and represents herself in court. Baldwin’s other current feature projects include voicing a character in Madagascar 2. His NBC series, 30 Rock, has halted production due to the writers’ strike. (Variety)
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- Zayn Malik thanks One Direction at event
- Pixar's 'Inside Out' peek: Joy has a special job for Sadness on first day at a new school
- ACM Awards' host Luke Bryan on big stage: 'It's fun to have a touch of anxiety'
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany says fan love is 'like fuel for us'
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!