(FROM VARIETY) - Alec Baldwin has joined Cameron Diaz, Dakota Fanning, and Elle Fanning in My Sister’s Keeper, director Nick Cassavetes’ adaptation of Jodi Picoult’s novel for New Line. Baldwin will play the attorney who represents a child (Elle Fanning) who is suing her parents for emancipation on the grounds that they bred her to be a genetic match that could help her cancer-ridden sister (Dakota Fanning). The girl’s mother (Diaz) is a former trial lawyer and represents herself in court. Baldwin’s other current feature projects include voicing a character in Madagascar 2. His NBC series, 30 Rock, has halted production due to the writers’ strike. (Variety)
Posted December 19 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Harry Potter & the Cursed Child': Bookstores prepare release parties
- Did 'The Vampire Diaries' just cast Matt Donovan's dad?
- 'Sharknado 4' director teases Tara Reid return and even more jokes
- Orlando Bloom joins Andy Samberg HBO mockumentary 'Tour de Pharmacy'
- Justin Bieber teases music video for Major Lazer collab 'Cold Water'
- Jean-Claude Van Damme walks out of interview over 'boring' questions
- Director Park Chan-wook returns with trailer for 'The Handmaiden'