(FROM VARIETY) - Alec Baldwin has joined Cameron Diaz, Dakota Fanning, and Elle Fanning in My Sister’s Keeper, director Nick Cassavetes’ adaptation of Jodi Picoult’s novel for New Line. Baldwin will play the attorney who represents a child (Elle Fanning) who is suing her parents for emancipation on the grounds that they bred her to be a genetic match that could help her cancer-ridden sister (Dakota Fanning). The girl’s mother (Diaz) is a former trial lawyer and represents herself in court. Baldwin’s other current feature projects include voicing a character in Madagascar 2. His NBC series, 30 Rock, has halted production due to the writers’ strike. (Variety)
Posted December 19 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Agent Carter' takes on Tinseltown in season 2 teaser
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Zach Galligan wants to return for 'Gremlins 3'
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'
- 'Gods of Egypt' director: 'Our casting choices should have been more diverse'
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright
- Hear Sia's new single 'One Million Bullets'