(FROM VARIETY) - Alec Baldwin has joined Cameron Diaz, Dakota Fanning, and Elle Fanning in My Sister’s Keeper, director Nick Cassavetes’ adaptation of Jodi Picoult’s novel for New Line. Baldwin will play the attorney who represents a child (Elle Fanning) who is suing her parents for emancipation on the grounds that they bred her to be a genetic match that could help her cancer-ridden sister (Dakota Fanning). The girl’s mother (Diaz) is a former trial lawyer and represents herself in court. Baldwin’s other current feature projects include voicing a character in Madagascar 2. His NBC series, 30 Rock, has halted production due to the writers’ strike. (Variety)
Posted December 19 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Heavy metal meets demonic mayhem in 'Deathgasm' trailer
- 'Star Wars Battlefront' beta arriving in October
- Helena Bonham Carter cast in Nick Hornby's adaptation of 'Love, Nina'
- Spielberg predicts superhero movies will go 'the way of the Western'
- Joaquin Phoenix talks 'Doctor Strange' rumors, views on franchise films
- Alabama Shakes frontwoman Brittany Howard drops surprise album
- 8 debut albums to get excited about this fall
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Diane Kruger, Padma Lakshmi, Elle Fanning & More!