(FROM VARIETY) - Alec Baldwin has joined Cameron Diaz, Dakota Fanning, and Elle Fanning in My Sister’s Keeper, director Nick Cassavetes’ adaptation of Jodi Picoult’s novel for New Line. Baldwin will play the attorney who represents a child (Elle Fanning) who is suing her parents for emancipation on the grounds that they bred her to be a genetic match that could help her cancer-ridden sister (Dakota Fanning). The girl’s mother (Diaz) is a former trial lawyer and represents herself in court. Baldwin’s other current feature projects include voicing a character in Madagascar 2. His NBC series, 30 Rock, has halted production due to the writers’ strike. (Variety)
Posted December 19 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles
- 'Agents of SHIELD' eyes Skye's arc: 'Birth of a superhero'