(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Aaron McGruder, creator of Adult Swim’s animated series The Boondocks, has signed a deal with the Turner Broadcasting-owned online comedy hub Super Deluxe that will have him create and write a new live-action Web series. The Super Rumble Mixshow, set to debut next month, will consist of 20 mini-episodes, blending sketch comedy and other formats in keeping with McGruder’s racially-charged humor. John Witherspoon, who voices ”Granddad Freeman” on Boondocks, has been tapped for the new series and will answer viewer questions in a recurring skit dubbed ”Negrology.” (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- Watch a brief history of the PG-13 rating
- Miley Cyrus, The Flaming Lips to release collaborative album
- Royal baby name: Charlotte Elizabeth Diana
- 'Winter Is Coming Live' recaps latest 'Game of Thrones' episode, 'Sons of the Harpy'
- Play as Batgirl in 'Batman: Arkham Knight' additional content
- 'Finding Neverland: The Album' to feature Nick Jonas, Jennifer Lopez, and more -- exclusive
- Miguel releases Wale-featuring 'Coffee (F---king)'
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!