(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Aaron McGruder, creator of Adult Swim’s animated series The Boondocks, has signed a deal with the Turner Broadcasting-owned online comedy hub Super Deluxe that will have him create and write a new live-action Web series. The Super Rumble Mixshow, set to debut next month, will consist of 20 mini-episodes, blending sketch comedy and other formats in keeping with McGruder’s racially-charged humor. John Witherspoon, who voices ”Granddad Freeman” on Boondocks, has been tapped for the new series and will answer viewer questions in a recurring skit dubbed ”Negrology.” (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted December 19 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Casting Net: James Marsden, Rosario Dawson, more lend voices to 'Henchmen'
- Bruce Jenner in photo shoot as woman
- Judy Greer and Nat Faxon preview 'Married' season 2
- Universal TV to adapt 'The Wicked + The Divine' comic for TV
- Emma Stone as an Asian-American in 'Aloha': Who's buying it?
- Iggy Azalea cancels Great Escape Tour
- Marvel contest gives teen girls the chance to attend 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!