(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Aaron McGruder, creator of Adult Swim’s animated series The Boondocks, has signed a deal with the Turner Broadcasting-owned online comedy hub Super Deluxe that will have him create and write a new live-action Web series. The Super Rumble Mixshow, set to debut next month, will consist of 20 mini-episodes, blending sketch comedy and other formats in keeping with McGruder’s racially-charged humor. John Witherspoon, who voices ”Granddad Freeman” on Boondocks, has been tapped for the new series and will answer viewer questions in a recurring skit dubbed ”Negrology.” (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted December 19 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Steve Wozniak explains what’s real and what’s fake in 'Steve Jobs'
- Todrick Hall releases 'Hocus Pocus' spoof
- Donald Trump to host 'Saturday Night Live'
- Dave Grohl tells Foo Fighters crowd the band recorded five new songs
- 'Beauty and the Beast' to end with season 4
- T.I. apologizes for saying a woman can't be president
- How ABBA (and that ‘Waterloo’ scene) made it into 'Muriel’s Wedding'
- 25 Unforgettable Dresses From the Past 25 Years
- Box Office Flops: 19 Notorious Opening Weekends
- EW's 25 Best Movies in 25 Years
- EW Reunions: Bonus portraits of your favorite TV and movie casts
- 'The Walking Dead': 15 Exclusive Storyboard Illustrations From Season 6
- Cast Reunions: See Costars Then And Now