(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Aaron McGruder, creator of Adult Swim’s animated series The Boondocks, has signed a deal with the Turner Broadcasting-owned online comedy hub Super Deluxe that will have him create and write a new live-action Web series. The Super Rumble Mixshow, set to debut next month, will consist of 20 mini-episodes, blending sketch comedy and other formats in keeping with McGruder’s racially-charged humor. John Witherspoon, who voices ”Granddad Freeman” on Boondocks, has been tapped for the new series and will answer viewer questions in a recurring skit dubbed ”Negrology.” (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted December 19 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Jill Scott says she no longer supports Bill Cosby
- 'Project Runway': Meet the season 14 contestants
- Amanda Peterson, 'Can't Buy Me Love' costar, dies at 43
- Disney eyes live-action 'Prince Charming'
- Ezra Koenig of Vampire Weekend lands own Beats 1 Radio show
- 'Sesame Street': Sonia 'Maria' Manzano's 7 favorites
- 'Hannibal': No go at Netflix, Amazon
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Pippa Middleton, Ryan Reynolds, Jessica Alba & More!