(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Aaron McGruder, creator of Adult Swim’s animated series The Boondocks, has signed a deal with the Turner Broadcasting-owned online comedy hub Super Deluxe that will have him create and write a new live-action Web series. The Super Rumble Mixshow, set to debut next month, will consist of 20 mini-episodes, blending sketch comedy and other formats in keeping with McGruder’s racially-charged humor. John Witherspoon, who voices ”Granddad Freeman” on Boondocks, has been tapped for the new series and will answer viewer questions in a recurring skit dubbed ”Negrology.” (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted December 19 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Supernatural' bosses: Mary still 'has some big stuff to do'
- Kellyanne Conway defends Donald Trump 'Apprentice' role
- Ryan Gosling wants a Roomba for his Roomba this Christmas
- Walton Goggins' Navy Seal team faces trouble in new 'SIX' trailer
- Macklemore performs new song about oppression and the election
- Taraji P. Henson competes in 'acting decathlon' for Seth Meyers
- 'TWD': Josh McDermitt says the midseason finale ends 'with a bang'