(FROM VARIETY) ? Producer Jerry Bruckheimer has signed an exclusive pact that will have him developing videogames for MTV. The producer is expected to utilize his influence and connections within traditional media for his new role, but the deal is not expected to result in games based on films Bruckheimer produces, as studios typically own interactive rights to their movies. MTV recently released its music simulation videogame Rock Star, from Guitar Hero developer Harominx. (Variety)
Posted December 19 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Ghostbusters' new car: Paul Feig reveals #whattheygonnadrive
- Gay marriage ruling movie in the works at Fox
- Casting Net: Ellen Page signs on for Iraq War drama Lioness
- Hillary Clinton talks 'SNL' impressions
- Miss USA pageant names new hosts
- Rosie Perez leaving 'The View'
- Jeff Goldblum and wife welcome first son on the only possible day
- 'American Idol Live!' tour photos: Let's go backstage!
- They look like THAT now? See some of the latest child stars all grown up
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!