(FROM VARIETY) ? Producer Jerry Bruckheimer has signed an exclusive pact that will have him developing videogames for MTV. The producer is expected to utilize his influence and connections within traditional media for his new role, but the deal is not expected to result in games based on films Bruckheimer produces, as studios typically own interactive rights to their movies. MTV recently released its music simulation videogame Rock Star, from Guitar Hero developer Harominx. (Variety)
Posted December 19 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Vikings' shocker: Creator Michael Hirst talks the death of [spoiler]
- 'Vikings' kills again: A talk with the departing actor
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- Obama talks 'The Wire' with David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers Meron, Zadan moving on
- Craig T. Nelson back as Hayden Fox in NBC 'Coach' revival
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- Russell Crowe, Elisabeth Moss, Ben Affleck & More!