(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Catherine Keener is in final talks to star in an as-yet untitled indie drama being written and directed by Nicole Holofcener. Keener starred in all three of Holofcener’s previous features: 2006’s Friends With Money, 2001’s Lovely and Amazing, and 1996’s Walking and Talking. The new project’s story is about a group of neighbors living together in a New York apartment building, including a woman (Keener) who owns the unit next door, occupied by a cantankerous elderly woman. The project is being described as an examination of ”life, death, and real estate.” Producer Anthony Bregman (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind), who has teamed with Holofcener before, will produce through his Likely Story production company. In addition to her features, Holofcener also directed episodes of Sex and the City and Six Feet Under. Keener’s current projects include starring in her own Sundance movies, What Just Happened? and Hamlet 2, and roles in Michael Winterbottom’s Genova and DreamWorks’ The Soloist. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted December 19 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Michael Douglas' mother dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- Caitlyn Jenner 'proud to be an American'
- Lil Wayne: 'Free Weezy Album' on Tidal
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!