(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Catherine Keener is in final talks to star in an as-yet untitled indie drama being written and directed by Nicole Holofcener. Keener starred in all three of Holofcener’s previous features: 2006’s Friends With Money, 2001’s Lovely and Amazing, and 1996’s Walking and Talking. The new project’s story is about a group of neighbors living together in a New York apartment building, including a woman (Keener) who owns the unit next door, occupied by a cantankerous elderly woman. The project is being described as an examination of ”life, death, and real estate.” Producer Anthony Bregman (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind), who has teamed with Holofcener before, will produce through his Likely Story production company. In addition to her features, Holofcener also directed episodes of Sex and the City and Six Feet Under. Keener’s current projects include starring in her own Sundance movies, What Just Happened? and Hamlet 2, and roles in Michael Winterbottom’s Genova and DreamWorks’ The Soloist. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted December 19 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Star Wars' to screen in China for first time ever
- Art Garfunkel dings Paul Simon in new interview
- Dust off your crayons: Adult coloring books are here
- Sarah Michelle Gellar and Alyson Hannigan had a 'Buffy' reunion
- Chris Pratt on being a sex symbol: 'Before, I was the sweaty guy who didn't give a s---'
- Munich Film Festival to honor Alexander Payne with retrospective
- George R.R. Martin reveals which religion inspired that 'Game of Thrones' cult
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!