(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Catherine Keener is in final talks to star in an as-yet untitled indie drama being written and directed by Nicole Holofcener. Keener starred in all three of Holofcener’s previous features: 2006’s Friends With Money, 2001’s Lovely and Amazing, and 1996’s Walking and Talking. The new project’s story is about a group of neighbors living together in a New York apartment building, including a woman (Keener) who owns the unit next door, occupied by a cantankerous elderly woman. The project is being described as an examination of ”life, death, and real estate.” Producer Anthony Bregman (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind), who has teamed with Holofcener before, will produce through his Likely Story production company. In addition to her features, Holofcener also directed episodes of Sex and the City and Six Feet Under. Keener’s current projects include starring in her own Sundance movies, What Just Happened? and Hamlet 2, and roles in Michael Winterbottom’s Genova and DreamWorks’ The Soloist. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- Ciara unveils timeless 'Jackie' album artwork, announces spring tour
- Watch the stars of 'Weird Loners' pitch the series to Kanye West
- You might not make it to the desert, but you can still experience Coachella
- Netflix, Marvel name Cheo Hodari Coker as 'Luke Cage' showrunner
- 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies' finally grunts toward theaters Feb. 19
- Be a nosy neighbor with Led Zeppelin's new, interactive 'Trampled Under Foot' video
- Selena's sister opens up 20 years after the singer's death (from People en Espanol)
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!