(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Catherine Keener is in final talks to star in an as-yet untitled indie drama being written and directed by Nicole Holofcener. Keener starred in all three of Holofcener’s previous features: 2006’s Friends With Money, 2001’s Lovely and Amazing, and 1996’s Walking and Talking. The new project’s story is about a group of neighbors living together in a New York apartment building, including a woman (Keener) who owns the unit next door, occupied by a cantankerous elderly woman. The project is being described as an examination of ”life, death, and real estate.” Producer Anthony Bregman (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind), who has teamed with Holofcener before, will produce through his Likely Story production company. In addition to her features, Holofcener also directed episodes of Sex and the City and Six Feet Under. Keener’s current projects include starring in her own Sundance movies, What Just Happened? and Hamlet 2, and roles in Michael Winterbottom’s Genova and DreamWorks’ The Soloist. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted December 19 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- See 4 never-before-seen images from the illustrated 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone'
- 21 things we learned from Lifetime's 'Unauthorized 90210 Story'
- Michael Fassbender 'studied Ashton Kutcher' (not really) for 'Steve Jobs'
- Why Victoria Justice got starstruck at Fashion Week
- Broadway's Cinderella and Prince Hans actor from 'Frozen' tie the knot
- Miley Cyrus hosts 'SNL': EW live blog
- Miley Cyrus hosts 'SNL': Play People's unofficial drinking game