(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Catherine Keener is in final talks to star in an as-yet untitled indie drama being written and directed by Nicole Holofcener. Keener starred in all three of Holofcener’s previous features: 2006’s Friends With Money, 2001’s Lovely and Amazing, and 1996’s Walking and Talking. The new project’s story is about a group of neighbors living together in a New York apartment building, including a woman (Keener) who owns the unit next door, occupied by a cantankerous elderly woman. The project is being described as an examination of ”life, death, and real estate.” Producer Anthony Bregman (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind), who has teamed with Holofcener before, will produce through his Likely Story production company. In addition to her features, Holofcener also directed episodes of Sex and the City and Six Feet Under. Keener’s current projects include starring in her own Sundance movies, What Just Happened? and Hamlet 2, and roles in Michael Winterbottom’s Genova and DreamWorks’ The Soloist. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted December 19 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles
- 'Agents of SHIELD' eyes Skye's arc: 'Birth of a superhero'