(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, who played Mr. Eko on the second and third seasons of Lost, has been cast along with Rachel Nichols (Alias, The Inside) and Said Taghmaoui (The Kite Runner) in Paramount’s live-action G.I. Joe movie. Sienna Miller and Ray Park also star in the project, based on the popular Hasbro action figures, comicbook series, and Saturday morning cartoon. The movie will have G.I. JOE (Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity) working in Brussels. Akinnuoye-Agbaje will play an ordinance expert named Heavy Duty. Nichols will play Scarlett, a skilled martial artist, and Taghmaoui will portray Breaker, the team’s communications expert. Miller plays the super spy Baroness, and Park plays the villain Snake Eyes. Stephen Sommers is directing the project, which is scheduled for an August 2009 release. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- Quicksilver vs. Quicksilver: How 'Avengers' and 'X-Men' introduced the same character differently
- Chris Brown named a suspect in Las Vegas battery case
- 'Scrubs' stars Zach Braff, Donald Faison to appear on 'Undateable'
- Will Poulter cast as Pennywise in Cary Fukunaga's 'It'
- Jimmy Fallon and Blur sing 'Tender' and it's, well, tender
- Joss Whedon just quit Twitter again
- Barbara Crampton-starring horror movie 'We Are Still Here' to haunt cinemas June 5
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Britney Spears, Orlando Bloom, Solange & More!