(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, who played Mr. Eko on the second and third seasons of Lost, has been cast along with Rachel Nichols (Alias, The Inside) and Said Taghmaoui (The Kite Runner) in Paramount’s live-action G.I. Joe movie. Sienna Miller and Ray Park also star in the project, based on the popular Hasbro action figures, comicbook series, and Saturday morning cartoon. The movie will have G.I. JOE (Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity) working in Brussels. Akinnuoye-Agbaje will play an ordinance expert named Heavy Duty. Nichols will play Scarlett, a skilled martial artist, and Taghmaoui will portray Breaker, the team’s communications expert. Miller plays the super spy Baroness, and Park plays the villain Snake Eyes. Stephen Sommers is directing the project, which is scheduled for an August 2009 release. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted December 21 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Being Mary Jane' postmortem: Behind Mark's surprising decision, and what's next
- The first 'Captain America: Civil War' trailer has arrived
- Adele performs 'Hello' with Jimmy Fallon, The Roots, and classroom instruments
- 'Dancing With the Stars': And the winner is...
- Len Goodman is coming back to 'DWTS'
- Casting Net: Ryan Gosling eyed to play Neil Armstrong in biopic
- Trump rivals will get their equal air time on NBC stations