(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, who played Mr. Eko on the second and third seasons of Lost, has been cast along with Rachel Nichols (Alias, The Inside) and Said Taghmaoui (The Kite Runner) in Paramount’s live-action G.I. Joe movie. Sienna Miller and Ray Park also star in the project, based on the popular Hasbro action figures, comicbook series, and Saturday morning cartoon. The movie will have G.I. JOE (Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity) working in Brussels. Akinnuoye-Agbaje will play an ordinance expert named Heavy Duty. Nichols will play Scarlett, a skilled martial artist, and Taghmaoui will portray Breaker, the team’s communications expert. Miller plays the super spy Baroness, and Park plays the villain Snake Eyes. Stephen Sommers is directing the project, which is scheduled for an August 2009 release. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- Master Chief meets his match in first 'Halo 5' trailers
- Watch Trevor Noah's 'Daily Show' segments
- ACM Awards add Little Big Town, Lady Antebellum, surprise duet with Christina Aguilera
- Louis. C.K. plays Mayor Bill de Blasio's anger translator at Inner Circle dinner
- John Oliver wants you to ignore April Fools' Day
- 'Game of Thrones' actress Maisie Williams going to 'Doctor Who'
- Exclusive: Flo Rida drops breezy, Robin Thicke-featuring "I Don't Like It, I Love It"
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!