(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, who played Mr. Eko on the second and third seasons of Lost, has been cast along with Rachel Nichols (Alias, The Inside) and Said Taghmaoui (The Kite Runner) in Paramount’s live-action G.I. Joe movie. Sienna Miller and Ray Park also star in the project, based on the popular Hasbro action figures, comicbook series, and Saturday morning cartoon. The movie will have G.I. JOE (Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity) working in Brussels. Akinnuoye-Agbaje will play an ordinance expert named Heavy Duty. Nichols will play Scarlett, a skilled martial artist, and Taghmaoui will portray Breaker, the team’s communications expert. Miller plays the super spy Baroness, and Park plays the villain Snake Eyes. Stephen Sommers is directing the project, which is scheduled for an August 2009 release. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted December 21 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Deadpool makes a cameo in new 'Fantastic Four' trailer
- Drake disses Meek Mill during OVO Fest set
- Ellen DeGeneres tweets support for Amy Schumer after gun control speech
- 'Significant Mother' react: What did you think?
- Casting Net: Ali Larter returns for 'Resident Evil: The Final Chapter'
- Amazon defends making a TV show with Woody Allen
- Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale are divorcing