(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, who played Mr. Eko on the second and third seasons of Lost, has been cast along with Rachel Nichols (Alias, The Inside) and Said Taghmaoui (The Kite Runner) in Paramount’s live-action G.I. Joe movie. Sienna Miller and Ray Park also star in the project, based on the popular Hasbro action figures, comicbook series, and Saturday morning cartoon. The movie will have G.I. JOE (Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity) working in Brussels. Akinnuoye-Agbaje will play an ordinance expert named Heavy Duty. Nichols will play Scarlett, a skilled martial artist, and Taghmaoui will portray Breaker, the team’s communications expert. Miller plays the super spy Baroness, and Park plays the villain Snake Eyes. Stephen Sommers is directing the project, which is scheduled for an August 2009 release. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted December 21 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Casting Net: Radcliffe and Dano lead 'Swiss Army Man' cast
- AC/DC to release music to streaming services, including Apple Music
- Jack Carter, comedian-actor, dies at 93
- NeNe Leakes exiting 'Real Housewives'
- 'Star Trek' title confirmed: Justin Lin shares first photo from 'Beyond'
- 'Ghostbusters' uniform: Paul Feig tweets first look
- Big Sean's 'Play No Games' video is a spot-on parody of 'Martin'
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: New EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Rita Ora, Matthew, Darren & Jennifer, Brandy & More!