Gee, if only the United Nations had thought of this sooner: enlisting superheroes to serve in its peacekeeping forces in global hotspots. Of course, whether Spider-Man, by fighting imaginary enemies in imaginary lands, can also fight the not-at-all-imaginary PR problems of the UN — well, that’s another story. Then again, why does the UN need imaginary heroes when it has real ones? Angelina Jolie was already turned into a cartoon this year, so why not make her into a comic book heroine? She may find the task of saving the world equally daunting in 2D, but at least she’ll score the UN the fanboy vote.
- Super Bowl 50: 'Deadpool' gets his own trailer
- See Betty White dab in Ron Howard-directed Super Bowl opening
- See Lady Gaga nail national anthem at the Super Bowl
- See Olivia Munn best Ryan Reynolds in a sword match on Instagram
- Here's the new 'Captain America: Civil War' Super Bowl trailer
- Super Bowl 50: Michelle Obama is excited to see Beyoncé
- Affleck, Eisenberg reprise 'Batman v Superman' roles for Turkish Airlines