(FROM TMZ) — Mischa Barton, the 21-year-old former star of The O.C., was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol early this morning in West Hollywood, Calif., after being pulled over by police for driving erratically. According to a press release issued by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, Barton was stopped at 2:46 a.m. ”after her vehicle was seen straddling two lanes of traffic and failed to signal when making a turn.” Officers then arrested her when they determined that she was allegedly unlicensed and intoxicated. Barton was released on bail approximately seven hours later. The actress has kept a low profile — professionally, at least — since leaving The O.C. in 2006, acting in a handful of British films and independent productions. (TMZ)
(Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department via Getty Images)
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Star Wars': 5 revelations from Carrie Fisher at Celebration Q&A
- 'Batman v Superman' trailer is here; official release by Zack Snyder follows leak
- Never-before-seen passage from Madeleine L'Engle's 'A Wrinkle in Time' found
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Naomi Campbell, Jessica & Rosario, the Star Wars Cast & More