(FROM TMZ) — Mischa Barton, the 21-year-old former star of The O.C., was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol early this morning in West Hollywood, Calif., after being pulled over by police for driving erratically. According to a press release issued by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, Barton was stopped at 2:46 a.m. ”after her vehicle was seen straddling two lanes of traffic and failed to signal when making a turn.” Officers then arrested her when they determined that she was allegedly unlicensed and intoxicated. Barton was released on bail approximately seven hours later. The actress has kept a low profile — professionally, at least — since leaving The O.C. in 2006, acting in a handful of British films and independent productions. (TMZ)
(Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department via Getty Images)
Posted January 1 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Audience member attempts to charge phone on stage at Broadway play
- Conan O'Brien on hosting his show from Comic-Con: 'Imagine 'Conan' bombarded by gamma rays'
- Dave Grohl covers Neil Young with members of Blind Melon and Pearl Jam
- 'Boulevard' director on working with Robin Williams: 'I couldn't have loved him more'
- 'Rise of the Tomb Raider' exclusive images
- Read an exclusive excerpt from Katherine Howe's ghostly love story 'The Appearance of Annie Van Sinderen'
- Chinese filmmaker denies ripping off 'Cars'
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Pippa Middleton, Ryan Reynolds, Jessica Alba & More!