(FROM TMZ) — Mischa Barton, the 21-year-old former star of The O.C., was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol early this morning in West Hollywood, Calif., after being pulled over by police for driving erratically. According to a press release issued by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, Barton was stopped at 2:46 a.m. ”after her vehicle was seen straddling two lanes of traffic and failed to signal when making a turn.” Officers then arrested her when they determined that she was allegedly unlicensed and intoxicated. Barton was released on bail approximately seven hours later. The actress has kept a low profile — professionally, at least — since leaving The O.C. in 2006, acting in a handful of British films and independent productions. (TMZ)
(Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department via Getty Images)
Posted January 1 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Being Mary Jane' postmortem: Behind Mark's surprising decision, and what's next
- The first 'Captain America: Civil War' trailer has arrived
- Adele performs 'Hello' with Jimmy Fallon, The Roots, and classroom instruments
- 'Dancing With the Stars': And the winner is...
- Len Goodman is coming back to 'DWTS'
- Casting Net: Ryan Gosling eyed to play Neil Armstrong in biopic
- Trump rivals will get their equal air time on NBC stations