(FROM TMZ) — Mischa Barton, the 21-year-old former star of The O.C., was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol early this morning in West Hollywood, Calif., after being pulled over by police for driving erratically. According to a press release issued by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, Barton was stopped at 2:46 a.m. ”after her vehicle was seen straddling two lanes of traffic and failed to signal when making a turn.” Officers then arrested her when they determined that she was allegedly unlicensed and intoxicated. Barton was released on bail approximately seven hours later. The actress has kept a low profile — professionally, at least — since leaving The O.C. in 2006, acting in a handful of British films and independent productions. (TMZ)
(Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department via Getty Images)
Posted January 1 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'House of Cards' premiere react: Blood on the Tracks
- Skrillex + Diplo release Jack U debut
- 'Empire' star Jussie Smollett on the power of Jamal's coming-out
- 'Focus' aims to lift box office crown from 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- Bruce Willis indie-thriller 'Wake' halts production due to lack of funding
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' creator on season 1 success, season 2 ideas
- Catwoman comes out as bisexual in comic
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!