Showtime’s lusty take on the private life of Henry VIII, with Globe nominee Jonathan Rhys Meyers as the much-married king. MUST-WATCH EPISODE Deadly family drama alert! Henry’s sister Margaret (Gabrielle Anwar) kills her elderly hubby and hooks up with a hunky duke in episode 4. CHOICE EXTRA In a stylish featurette, costumer Joan Bergin says she modernized the clotheshorse king’s look by using metallic leather, and that Rhys Meyers’ first onscreen outfit was once worn by Errol Flynn in a 1930s film. B
Genre: Drama; Lead Performer: Gabrielle Anwar, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Sam Neill, Jeremy Northam; Performers: Callum Blue, Henry Czerny, James Frain; Run Dates: 04/01/2007; Broadcaster: Showtime Networks Inc.; Status: In Season
Posted January 4 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Downton Abbey' boss breaks down season 5 finale's surprises
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer burning Q's on Emma
- 'Focus' is weekend's No. 1 movie: $19.1M
- 'Walking Dead': Tovah Feldshuh on her arrival as...
- 'Walking Dead' director Greg Nicotero on 'Remember'--and the scenes we didn't see
- Margot Robbie's 'Focus' audition: 'craziest 24 hours'
- Leonard Nimoy's Mr. Spock: A tribute to the humane spirit