Showtime’s lusty take on the private life of Henry VIII, with Globe nominee Jonathan Rhys Meyers as the much-married king. MUST-WATCH EPISODE Deadly family drama alert! Henry’s sister Margaret (Gabrielle Anwar) kills her elderly hubby and hooks up with a hunky duke in episode 4. CHOICE EXTRA In a stylish featurette, costumer Joan Bergin says she modernized the clotheshorse king’s look by using metallic leather, and that Rhys Meyers’ first onscreen outfit was once worn by Errol Flynn in a 1930s film. B
Genre: Drama; Starring: Gabrielle Anwar, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Sam Neill, Jeremy Northam; Series Premiere: 04/01/2007; Broadcaster: Showtime Networks Inc.; Status: In Season
Posted January 4 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Agent Carter' takes on Tinseltown in season 2 teaser
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Zach Galligan wants to return for 'Gremlins 3'
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'
- 'Gods of Egypt' director: 'Our casting choices should have been more diverse'
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright
- Hear Sia's new single 'One Million Bullets'