Showtime’s lusty take on the private life of Henry VIII, with Globe nominee Jonathan Rhys Meyers as the much-married king. MUST-WATCH EPISODE Deadly family drama alert! Henry’s sister Margaret (Gabrielle Anwar) kills her elderly hubby and hooks up with a hunky duke in episode 4. CHOICE EXTRA In a stylish featurette, costumer Joan Bergin says she modernized the clotheshorse king’s look by using metallic leather, and that Rhys Meyers’ first onscreen outfit was once worn by Errol Flynn in a 1930s film. B
Genre: Drama; Starring: Gabrielle Anwar, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Sam Neill, Jeremy Northam; Broadcaster: Showtime Networks Inc.
Posted January 4 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Ghostbusters' new car: Paul Feig reveals #whattheygonnadrive
- Gay marriage ruling movie in the works at Fox
- Casting Net: Ellen Page signs on for Iraq War drama Lioness
- Hillary Clinton talks 'SNL' impressions
- Miss USA pageant names new hosts
- Rosie Perez leaving 'The View'
- Jeff Goldblum and wife welcome first son on the only possible day
- They look like THAT now? See some of the latest child stars all grown up
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!