Parents can trust that none of their wee ones will ask for a stuffed water horse for Christmas. The star of this Scottish fable, about the mythical Loch Ness monster, looks like a raw chicken breast with teeth when he hatches. The boy who raises him (Millions’ Alex Etel, from the Freddie Highmore school of cute) is nice and freckled, and the chirping creature helps him mourn his WWII missing-in-action father. But the pet grows into one angry growler; if he doesn’t scare the kids, the adults chasing him will. C-
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Kids and Family; Starring: Ben Chaplin, Alex Etel, Emily Watson, David Morrissey; Director: Jay Russell; Author: Robert Nelson Jacobs; Release Date Wide: 12/25/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Sony Pictures Entertainment
Posted January 4 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Drake is releasing more new music in December
- Charlie Puth cancels remainder of tour due to sickness
- Universal Studios Japan is getting an entire 'Minions'-themed area
- President Obama dances to 'Hotline Bling' with Usher, Janelle Monáe
- Bradley Cooper visited Lady Gaga on the set of 'Saturday Night Live'
- Viola Davis to campaign in supporting actress category for 'Fences'
- DJ Khaled documented his son's birth on Snapchat