Parents can trust that none of their wee ones will ask for a stuffed water horse for Christmas. The star of this Scottish fable, about the mythical Loch Ness monster, looks like a raw chicken breast with teeth when he hatches. The boy who raises him (Millions’ Alex Etel, from the Freddie Highmore school of cute) is nice and freckled, and the chirping creature helps him mourn his WWII missing-in-action father. But the pet grows into one angry growler; if he doesn’t scare the kids, the adults chasing him will. C-
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Kids and Family; Starring: Ben Chaplin, Alex Etel, Emily Watson, David Morrissey; Director: Jay Russell; Author: Robert Nelson Jacobs; Release Date Wide: 12/25/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Sony Pictures Entertainment
Posted January 4 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Spotlight,' 'Mad Men,' 'The Big Short' win big at WGA Awards
- Box office: 'Deadpool' shatters records with $135 million
- See Ronda Rousey's 'Sports Illustrated' Swimsuit Issue cover
- Melissa McCarthy, Kate McKinnon celebrate Valentine's Day with cats on 'SNL'
- 'SNL' mocks reactions to Beyoncé's 'Formation' with horror movie spoof
- George Clooney describes how 'bananas' it was to do 'Facts of Life'
- What time are the Grammys? And other burning questions answered!