Parents can trust that none of their wee ones will ask for a stuffed water horse for Christmas. The star of this Scottish fable, about the mythical Loch Ness monster, looks like a raw chicken breast with teeth when he hatches. The boy who raises him (Millions’ Alex Etel, from the Freddie Highmore school of cute) is nice and freckled, and the chirping creature helps him mourn his WWII missing-in-action father. But the pet grows into one angry growler; if he doesn’t scare the kids, the adults chasing him will. C-
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Kids and Family; Starring: Ben Chaplin, Alex Etel, Emily Watson, David Morrissey; Director: Jay Russell; Author: Robert Nelson Jacobs; Release Date Wide: 12/25/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Sony Pictures Entertainment
Posted January 4 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Ed Sullivan Theater gets temporary marquee in preparation for Stephen Colbert
- Alan Taylor says there are answers to 'Terminator Genisys' questions -- they're just not in the movie
- Miguel disses Frank Ocean... again
- Jack White's Dead Weather returns with new album
- Henry Cavill: ‘Batman v Superman' an 'expansion' of 'Man of Steel' world
- Inside Amazon's edgy romantic comedy 'Catastrophe'
- Chris Tucker's Netflix stand-up special: Watch new trailer
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!