Parents can trust that none of their wee ones will ask for a stuffed water horse for Christmas. The star of this Scottish fable, about the mythical Loch Ness monster, looks like a raw chicken breast with teeth when he hatches. The boy who raises him (Millions’ Alex Etel, from the Freddie Highmore school of cute) is nice and freckled, and the chirping creature helps him mourn his WWII missing-in-action father. But the pet grows into one angry growler; if he doesn’t scare the kids, the adults chasing him will. C-
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Kids and Family; Starring: Ben Chaplin, Alex Etel, Emily Watson, David Morrissey; Director: Jay Russell; Author: Robert Nelson Jacobs; Release Date Wide: 12/25/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Sony Pictures Entertainment
Posted January 4 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Scandal': Bellamy Young talks Fitz and Olivia's now-public affair
- Advocacy group criticizes 'The Martian' for changing Asian-American characters
- Julie Plec blogs the season 3 premiere of 'The Originals'
- Luke Evans, Henry Cavill join Nicholas Hoult in 'Sand Castle'
- This new preview of 'Room' will make you want to call your mom
- Julie's Diary: Julie Plec blogs the 'Vampire Diaries' season 7 premiere
- 'Game of Thrones' cast speculates about season 6 (and beyond) at NYCC