Parents can trust that none of their wee ones will ask for a stuffed water horse for Christmas. The star of this Scottish fable, about the mythical Loch Ness monster, looks like a raw chicken breast with teeth when he hatches. The boy who raises him (Millions’ Alex Etel, from the Freddie Highmore school of cute) is nice and freckled, and the chirping creature helps him mourn his WWII missing-in-action father. But the pet grows into one angry growler; if he doesn’t scare the kids, the adults chasing him will. C-
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Kids and Family; Starring: Ben Chaplin, Alex Etel, Emily Watson, David Morrissey; Director: Jay Russell; Author: Robert Nelson Jacobs; Release Date Wide: 12/25/2007; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Sony Pictures Entertainment
Posted January 4 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- That time Jon Stewart saved Bill Clinton from an awkward encounter
- Eddie Redmayne stuns in new posters for 'The Danish Girl'
- Walt Disney experts dismiss allegations he was anti-Semitic
- See the latest trailer for 'The Intern'
- John Oliver uses song to explain why Washington, D.C., should become a state
- David Byrne calls for streaming service transparency in op-ed
- Stars We Lost in 2015
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Sam Smith, Channing Tatum, Gwyneth Paltrow and More!