Like Freddy vs. Jason or Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla, the showdown between Alien (face-hugging, vagina-dentata mawed) and Predator (dreadlocked, vagina-dentata mawed) is both trashy and inexplicable. Don’t expect illumination on the grudge between these two. Instead, expect a brisk, gooey bit of schlock that’s a million times better than 2004’s action-lite AVP. The money shot? A pregnant woman’s belly explodes, revealing a litter of baby aliens. Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem is a B movie that truly earns its B.
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Horror; Starring: John Ortiz, Steven Pasquale; Author: Shane Salerno; Release Date Wide: 12/25/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 93; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted January 9 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Eddie Vedder ejects fan out of Pearl Jam concert mid-song
- 'Poldark' season 2 exclusive trailer: Aidan Turner turns up the heat
- Jason Derulo joins James Corden for Toddlerography
- Stephen Colbert unearths video of Trump & Giuliani in drag sketch
- 50 Cent pitches his own parody convenience store
- The Final Five gymnasts play Hungry Hungry Humans with Jimmy Fallon
- What to Watch Wednesday: Get ready for 'Gomorrah'