Like Freddy vs. Jason or Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla, the showdown between Alien (face-hugging, vagina-dentata mawed) and Predator (dreadlocked, vagina-dentata mawed) is both trashy and inexplicable. Don’t expect illumination on the grudge between these two. Instead, expect a brisk, gooey bit of schlock that’s a million times better than 2004’s action-lite AVP. The money shot? A pregnant woman’s belly explodes, revealing a litter of baby aliens. Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem is a B movie that truly earns its B.
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Horror; Starring: John Ortiz, Steven Pasquale; Author: Shane Salerno; Release Date Wide: 12/25/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 93; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted January 9 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Bob Dylan thanks Nobel Prize committee for honoring his songs as literature
- Chris Pratt says his son thinks acting is 'stupid'
- 'Assassin's Creed': Final trailer has plenty of new footage
- Louis Tomlinson debuts new song on ‘X Factor’ days after mom’s death
- 'Insidious: Chapter 4' first look sees Lin Shaye facing her demons
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'
- Patti Smith covers Bob Dylan at Nobel Prize ceremony