(FROM VARIETY) ? The Mole is returning to ABC for the first time in four years. The network has placed a 10-episode order to Stone & Co. Entertainment (Tim Gunn’s Guide to Style), and casting and pre-production are already underway, with shooting scheduled to start this spring for a run this summer. An ABC executive said the network planned on reviving the reality competition series even before the writers’ strike. The first two editions of The Mole, which aired in 2001 and 2002, earned ABC’s top ratings among adults 18-34 for both years. ABC also ran two seasons of Celebrity Mole in 2003 and 2004. The resurrected show will return to the original format, without celebrities, though there will be small tweaks. ”We simplified it to where the people at home can play along,” said Stone & Co. principal Scott Stone. ”And the quiz will be much shorter than in the past.” No host has been chosen yet. Anderson Cooper hosted the first two editions, and Ahmad Rashad hosted the celebrity versions. (Variety)
Posted January 9 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- What Derek Hough thinks of new 'DWTS' partner Bindi Irwin
- See the most popular passages from every single 'Outlander' book
- Yo La Tengo on making a sequel to their revered album 'Fakebook'
- Netflix's 'Lady Dynamite' adds Patton Oswalt, Sarah Silverman to guest cast
- See exclusive new art from 'The Angry Birds Movie'
- Heavy metal meets demonic mayhem in 'Deathgasm' trailer
- 'Star Wars Battlefront' beta arriving in October
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!