(FROM VARIETY) - Amy Ryan (Gone Baby Gone, HBO’s The Wire) will star alongside Greg Kinnear and Matt Damon in a Paul Greengrass-directed untitled Iraq War thriller for Universal Pictures. Based on Rajiv Chandrasekaran’s nonfiction book Imperial Life in the Emerald City: Inside Iraq’s Green Zone, Greengrass and Brian Helgeland have developed a fictional thriller set in the fortified Iraqi ”Green Zone,” where U.S. troops stay during the Iraq occupation. Critics have said that the war has been mishandled in part because leaders making decisions from within the Green Zone are separated from the realities of war-torn Iraq. For the film, Ryan will play a New York Times foreign correspondent sent to Iraq to investigate the U.S. government’s claims of the existence of weapons of mass destruction. Damon plays an officer who teams with a senior CIA officer to search for WMD, and Kinnear plays another CIA officer. Antoni Corone (We Own the Night) has been cast as a colonel. Shooting started this week. Ryan next stars in the Clint Eastwood-directed Universal feature The Changeling. She’s also in the ensemble of Before the Devil Knows You’re Dead. (Variety)
Posted January 10 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt