(FROM VARIETY) - Amy Ryan (Gone Baby Gone, HBO’s The Wire) will star alongside Greg Kinnear and Matt Damon in a Paul Greengrass-directed untitled Iraq War thriller for Universal Pictures. Based on Rajiv Chandrasekaran’s nonfiction book Imperial Life in the Emerald City: Inside Iraq’s Green Zone, Greengrass and Brian Helgeland have developed a fictional thriller set in the fortified Iraqi ”Green Zone,” where U.S. troops stay during the Iraq occupation. Critics have said that the war has been mishandled in part because leaders making decisions from within the Green Zone are separated from the realities of war-torn Iraq. For the film, Ryan will play a New York Times foreign correspondent sent to Iraq to investigate the U.S. government’s claims of the existence of weapons of mass destruction. Damon plays an officer who teams with a senior CIA officer to search for WMD, and Kinnear plays another CIA officer. Antoni Corone (We Own the Night) has been cast as a colonel. Shooting started this week. Ryan next stars in the Clint Eastwood-directed Universal feature The Changeling. She’s also in the ensemble of Before the Devil Knows You’re Dead. (Variety)
Posted January 10 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Reviews are in for 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'
- Grumpy Cat to join Broadway's 'Cats'
- WATCH: 'Stranger Things' kid Caleb McLaughlin in 'New Edition Story'
- Big bad revealed for 'Arrow'-'Flash'-'Supergirl'-'Legends' crossover
- 'Bajillion Dollar Propertie$' gets wet and wild in season 2 trailer
- Stars recreate Michael Jackson's 'Beat It' for 'Lip Sync Battle'
- Jake Miller and Cardiknox join EW PopFest lineup