(FROM VARIETY) - Amy Ryan (Gone Baby Gone, HBO’s The Wire) will star alongside Greg Kinnear and Matt Damon in a Paul Greengrass-directed untitled Iraq War thriller for Universal Pictures. Based on Rajiv Chandrasekaran’s nonfiction book Imperial Life in the Emerald City: Inside Iraq’s Green Zone, Greengrass and Brian Helgeland have developed a fictional thriller set in the fortified Iraqi ”Green Zone,” where U.S. troops stay during the Iraq occupation. Critics have said that the war has been mishandled in part because leaders making decisions from within the Green Zone are separated from the realities of war-torn Iraq. For the film, Ryan will play a New York Times foreign correspondent sent to Iraq to investigate the U.S. government’s claims of the existence of weapons of mass destruction. Damon plays an officer who teams with a senior CIA officer to search for WMD, and Kinnear plays another CIA officer. Antoni Corone (We Own the Night) has been cast as a colonel. Shooting started this week. Ryan next stars in the Clint Eastwood-directed Universal feature The Changeling. She’s also in the ensemble of Before the Devil Knows You’re Dead. (Variety)
Posted January 10 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- Wes Craven's 5 most terrifying scenes
- Andrew Garfield compares making 'Spider-Man' movies to 'canning Coke'
- 'Under the Dome' will end this season
- Maisie Williams accepts Guinness World Record on behalf of 'Game of Thrones'
- 'Gotham' sneak peek: Barbara and Jerome cross paths in Arkham
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!