You probably don’t watch Crowned: The Mother of All Pageants. Good for you. Take last night’s debacle: Challenge no. 1 was supposed to teach the mother/daughter pairs how to maintain composure. Stand on a rotating platform, they were told, and hold a plastic smile while the other teams try to distract you. Of course, by “distract” they meant “hurl insults at and demean.” Worst example: team “Beauty Is Skin Deep” Angela and Tenia decided that they’d knock financially strapped Moya and Jenileigh (pictured) off their pedestal by engaging in class warfare, sneering that their hair extensions cost more than their rivals’ entire wardrobes. As if that weren’t enough, challenge no 2. called for each contestant pair to create a 60-second video blog, explaining why they should win. One daughter grew so frustrated with her mother’s faulty memory she sniped, “I guess I’m going to have to be a bitch to you today.” Really? Just today? Somehow we doubt that.
Posted January 10 2008 — 11:48 PM EST
- 'Ithaca' trailer: Meg Ryan, Tom Hanks reunite in her directorial debut
- 'MacGyver': Tristin Mays joins the CBS reboot as series regular
- 'Gilmore Girls': Lorelai and Rory talk Amy Schumer in first trailer
- Netflix sets 'Gilmore Girls' premiere date
- 'Awkward' star Beau Mirchoff joins 'Flatliners' reboot
- Weekend Update team pokes fun at Bernie Sanders supporters at DNC
- Joe Jonas surprises Demi Lovato with 'Camp Rock' reunion
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels