(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Jessica Biel has been cast as the female lead in the indie romantic comedy Easy Virtue for Endgame Entertainment and London’s Ealing Studios. Based on the Noel Coward play, Virtue is about an American divorcee (Biel) who travels to the South of France and impulsively marries a young wealthy Englishman (Ben Barnes). The couple then returns to England to face his disapproving parents (Colin Firth and Kristin Scott Thomas). Stephan Elliot (Eye of the Beholder, The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert) will direct from a screenplay he wrote with Sheridan Jobbins. Alfred Hitchcock did the first film adaptation of Coward’s 1924 play for a 1928 silent movie. Pre-production on Elliot’s version is set to begin next week in London. Biel appeared in last summer’s I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry, and she recently wrapped Powder Blue with Forest Whitaker and A Woman of No Importance with Annette Bening. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 10 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Anthony Geary may return to 'General Hospital' if 'story is interesting'
- See the first trailer for Michael Bay's Benghazi movie
- Did 'Scream' just reveal the killer?
- Cindy Crawford is developing NBC series about fashion in the '80s
- Chris Pine reportedly signed for 'Wonder Woman'
- 'Orange Is the New Black': What happened to Nicky Nichols?
- 'Empire' creator goes behind the scenes of 'American Crime Story'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!