(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Jessica Biel has been cast as the female lead in the indie romantic comedy Easy Virtue for Endgame Entertainment and London’s Ealing Studios. Based on the Noel Coward play, Virtue is about an American divorcee (Biel) who travels to the South of France and impulsively marries a young wealthy Englishman (Ben Barnes). The couple then returns to England to face his disapproving parents (Colin Firth and Kristin Scott Thomas). Stephan Elliot (Eye of the Beholder, The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert) will direct from a screenplay he wrote with Sheridan Jobbins. Alfred Hitchcock did the first film adaptation of Coward’s 1924 play for a 1928 silent movie. Pre-production on Elliot’s version is set to begin next week in London. Biel appeared in last summer’s I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry, and she recently wrapped Powder Blue with Forest Whitaker and A Woman of No Importance with Annette Bening. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 10 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- And the final 'Bachelor in Paradise' contestant is ...
- 'Disney Infinity 3.0' developer discusses bringing iconic 'Star Wars' characters to the franchise
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' showrunner promises 'psychological tension'
- The next generation of male pop stars, from Harry Styles to The Weeknd
- The slow, curious fade of the male pop star
- Final 'Dexter' book says farewell to serial killer Dexter Morgan
- Kel Mitchell talks return to Nickelodeon this fall in 'Game Shakers'
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Pippa Middleton, Ryan Reynolds, Jessica Alba & More!