(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Jessica Biel has been cast as the female lead in the indie romantic comedy Easy Virtue for Endgame Entertainment and London’s Ealing Studios. Based on the Noel Coward play, Virtue is about an American divorcee (Biel) who travels to the South of France and impulsively marries a young wealthy Englishman (Ben Barnes). The couple then returns to England to face his disapproving parents (Colin Firth and Kristin Scott Thomas). Stephan Elliot (Eye of the Beholder, The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert) will direct from a screenplay he wrote with Sheridan Jobbins. Alfred Hitchcock did the first film adaptation of Coward’s 1924 play for a 1928 silent movie. Pre-production on Elliot’s version is set to begin next week in London. Biel appeared in last summer’s I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry, and she recently wrapped Powder Blue with Forest Whitaker and A Woman of No Importance with Annette Bening. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 10 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Miley Cyrus guest hosts 'Ellen' for sick Ellen DeGeneres
- Mel Gibson in talks for spy movie 'Every Other Weekend'
- 'How to Get Away with Murder': Who's the culprit behind the posters?
- 'HTGAWM' star Charlie Weber on why he asked permission to shave
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch sing 'Comfortably Numb' with David Gilmour
- 'Dance Moms' season 6 recap show: Let's talk about episode 4
- 'Chicago P.D.' actor Jon Seda is headed to 'Chicago Justice'