(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Jessica Biel has been cast as the female lead in the indie romantic comedy Easy Virtue for Endgame Entertainment and London’s Ealing Studios. Based on the Noel Coward play, Virtue is about an American divorcee (Biel) who travels to the South of France and impulsively marries a young wealthy Englishman (Ben Barnes). The couple then returns to England to face his disapproving parents (Colin Firth and Kristin Scott Thomas). Stephan Elliot (Eye of the Beholder, The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert) will direct from a screenplay he wrote with Sheridan Jobbins. Alfred Hitchcock did the first film adaptation of Coward’s 1924 play for a 1928 silent movie. Pre-production on Elliot’s version is set to begin next week in London. Biel appeared in last summer’s I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry, and she recently wrapped Powder Blue with Forest Whitaker and A Woman of No Importance with Annette Bening. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 10 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Lip Sync Battle' bringing back celebrity champs for first live special
- Explicit photos of Leslie Jones leaked after website hack
- Ryan Lochte in talks to join 'Dancing with the Stars'
- 'Dirk Gently' teaser promises corpses, cops, and a killer
- New York Film Festival: Carrie Fisher film joins documentary lineup
- 'The Royals' gets season 3 premiere date, shirtless Prince Liam pics
- Starz renews 'Survivor's Remorse' for season 4
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...