(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Jessica Biel has been cast as the female lead in the indie romantic comedy Easy Virtue for Endgame Entertainment and London’s Ealing Studios. Based on the Noel Coward play, Virtue is about an American divorcee (Biel) who travels to the South of France and impulsively marries a young wealthy Englishman (Ben Barnes). The couple then returns to England to face his disapproving parents (Colin Firth and Kristin Scott Thomas). Stephan Elliot (Eye of the Beholder, The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert) will direct from a screenplay he wrote with Sheridan Jobbins. Alfred Hitchcock did the first film adaptation of Coward’s 1924 play for a 1928 silent movie. Pre-production on Elliot’s version is set to begin next week in London. Biel appeared in last summer’s I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry, and she recently wrapped Powder Blue with Forest Whitaker and A Woman of No Importance with Annette Bening. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 10 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!