The Denzel Washington-directed The Great Debaters came out on top in Tuesday’s 39th Annual NAACAP Image Award nominations with eight nods, including outstanding actor and director for Washington, and supporting actor nominations for Forest Whitaker and Nate Parker. American Gangster, I Am Legend, Talk to Me, and Tyler Perry’s Why Did I Get Married? rounded off the outstanding motion picture category. In the TV comedy categories, Ugly Betty and Everybody Hates Chris both scored multiple nominations, including outstanding comedy. TV drama nominations were fairly spread out, with Grey's Anatomy, The Unit, Lincoln Heights, and K-Ville each earning multiple nods. For music, the outstanding male artist nominations went to Chris Brown, Common, Kanye West, Prince, and Seal, while the outstanding female artist nods went to Alicia Keys, Aretha Franklin, Beyonce, Jill Scott, and Mary J. Blige. The NAACP Image Awards honor projects and individuals that promote diversity in the arts in television, recording, literature, and motion pictures. Fox is set to air the live awards presentation on Feb. 14.
Posted January 10 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- See the first trailer for Michael Bay's Benghazi movie
- Did 'Scream' just reveal the killer?
- Cindy Crawford is developing NBC series about fashion in the '80s
- Chris Pine reportedly signed for 'Wonder Woman'
- 'Orange Is the New Black': What happened to Nicky Nichols?
- 'Empire' creator goes behind the scenes of 'American Crime Story'
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall talks controversial elimination
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!