(FROM VARIETY) ? The 34 Annual People's Choice Awards announced its winners on Tuesday night in a pre-taped, strike-friendly broadcast, handing favorite movie to the third installment of Pirates of the Caribbean, favorite TV drama to the Fox series House, and favorite TV comedy to CBS’ Two and a Half Men. Pirates’ Johnny Depp also won favorite male movie star, while Reese Witherspoon was named favorite female movie star. Drew Barrymore, Joaquin Phoenix, Keira Knightley, Matt Damon, George Clooney, and Brad Pitt were also honored in the film acting categories, and Katherine Heigl, Patrick Dempsey, Chandra Wilson, and Ellen DeGeneres were awarded in the individual TV categories. Queen Latifah hosted the CBS broadcast, which worked around the writers’ strike by filming winners? acceptance speeches on location, like Robin Williams, who accepted an award for favorite funny male while on a USO tour in Kabul, and music group winner Rascal Flatts at the Country Music Hall of Fame in Nashville. The format enabled actors to accept their awards for the broadcast without having to cross a picket line and attend a live event. (Variety)
Posted January 10 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- ‘Wicked City’ producers say oral sex murder scene is ‘not violence porn’
- Final season of cult U.K. sitcom 'Peep Show' starts shooting
- Kelly Osbourne says she 'f---ed up' after comments about Latinos go viral
- See Ilana Glazer shake it like a Polaroid picture on 'Lip Sync Battle'
- Tavi Gevinson to guest-star on 'Scream Queens'
- A$AP Rocky and Tyler, the Creator are touring together
- The Weeknd’s new album includes tracks with Lana Del Rey and Ed Sheeran