(FROM VARIETY) ? The 34 Annual People's Choice Awards announced its winners on Tuesday night in a pre-taped, strike-friendly broadcast, handing favorite movie to the third installment of Pirates of the Caribbean, favorite TV drama to the Fox series House, and favorite TV comedy to CBS’ Two and a Half Men. Pirates’ Johnny Depp also won favorite male movie star, while Reese Witherspoon was named favorite female movie star. Drew Barrymore, Joaquin Phoenix, Keira Knightley, Matt Damon, George Clooney, and Brad Pitt were also honored in the film acting categories, and Katherine Heigl, Patrick Dempsey, Chandra Wilson, and Ellen DeGeneres were awarded in the individual TV categories. Queen Latifah hosted the CBS broadcast, which worked around the writers’ strike by filming winners? acceptance speeches on location, like Robin Williams, who accepted an award for favorite funny male while on a USO tour in Kabul, and music group winner Rascal Flatts at the Country Music Hall of Fame in Nashville. The format enabled actors to accept their awards for the broadcast without having to cross a picket line and attend a live event. (Variety)
Posted January 10 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Hannibal' music supervisor on working with Siouxsie Sioux for the finale's song
- Hugh Dancy explains that shocking 'Hannibal' series finale
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!