In Blasphemy, a science-meets-religion thriller, God isn’t in the details — but in the circuitry. When a $40 billion supercomputer built to re-create the Big Bang accidentally opens communication with an entity claiming to be the Almighty, former monk and onetime CIA agent Wyman Ford is sent in to investigate if it’s divine intervention or an elaborate hoax. Doubtful that potboiler action and philosophical debate can merge successfully? Well, you’ll become a true believer thanks to Douglas Preston’s skillful balance of deep thoughts, slow-burn tension, and vivid characters — especially a self-involved TV evangelist with a sordid past. B+
Blasphemy In Blasphemy, a science-meets-religion thriller, God isn't in the details — but in the circuitry. When a $40 billion...BlasphemyMystery and Thriller, FictionDouglas Preston In Blasphemy, a science-meets-religion thriller, God isn't in the details — but in the circuitry. When a $40 billion...2008-01-11Forge Books
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Fiction; Author: Douglas Preston; Publisher: Forge Books
Posted January 11 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Fox cancels Ryan Seacrest's Knock Knock Live after 2 episodes
- Despite polarizing season 2, HBO still interested in more 'True Detective'
- Box office preview: 'Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation,' 'Vacation'
- HBO says Game of Thrones will be at least eight seasons
- 'Feast' director Patrick Osborne to direct 'Battling Boy' adaptation
- 'Elementary' enlists 'The Knick' star Jeremy Bobb
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!