In Blasphemy, a science-meets-religion thriller, God isn’t in the details — but in the circuitry. When a $40 billion supercomputer built to re-create the Big Bang accidentally opens communication with an entity claiming to be the Almighty, former monk and onetime CIA agent Wyman Ford is sent in to investigate if it’s divine intervention or an elaborate hoax. Doubtful that potboiler action and philosophical debate can merge successfully? Well, you’ll become a true believer thanks to Douglas Preston’s skillful balance of deep thoughts, slow-burn tension, and vivid characters — especially a self-involved TV evangelist with a sordid past. B+
Blasphemy In Blasphemy, a science-meets-religion thriller, God isn't in the details — but in the circuitry. When a $40 billion...BlasphemyMystery and Thriller, FictionDouglas Preston In Blasphemy, a science-meets-religion thriller, God isn't in the details — but in the circuitry. When a $40 billion...2008-01-11Forge Books
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Fiction; Author: Douglas Preston; Publisher: Forge Books
Posted January 11 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Jimmy Kimmel addresses 'avalanche' of backlash from video game sketch
- Ben Hatke previews new graphic novel as 'a little book in a big world'
- See the trailer for 'Animorphs' author's next book, 'Crenshaw' -- exclusive
- 'Being Mary Jane' season 3 gets premiere date, adds guest stars Loretta Devine and Jill Scott
- See the new trailer for Eli Roth's 'Knock Knock'
- Listen to Jesse Eisenberg read about Carmelo Anthony in 'Bream Gives Me Hiccups' -- exclusive
- Shadowman returns to the Valiant Universe in 'Operation: Deadside'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Kendall Jenner, Jamie Dornan, Katie Holmes & More!