In Blasphemy, a science-meets-religion thriller, God isn’t in the details — but in the circuitry. When a $40 billion supercomputer built to re-create the Big Bang accidentally opens communication with an entity claiming to be the Almighty, former monk and onetime CIA agent Wyman Ford is sent in to investigate if it’s divine intervention or an elaborate hoax. Doubtful that potboiler action and philosophical debate can merge successfully? Well, you’ll become a true believer thanks to Douglas Preston’s skillful balance of deep thoughts, slow-burn tension, and vivid characters — especially a self-involved TV evangelist with a sordid past. B+
Blasphemy In Blasphemy, a science-meets-religion thriller, God isn't in the details — but in the circuitry. When a $40 billion...BlasphemyMystery and Thriller, FictionDouglas Preston In Blasphemy, a science-meets-religion thriller, God isn't in the details — but in the circuitry. When a $40 billion...2008-01-11Forge Books
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Fiction; Author: Douglas Preston; Publisher: Forge Books
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- Angelina Jolie makes first public appearance since her surgery at the Kids Choice Awards
- Kids Choice Awards 2015 winners are...
- 'SNL react: Your quick take on The Rock and George Ezra?
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller, Kate & Kate and More!