Jennifer Finney Boylan recounted her transformation from tortured James to confident Jenny in her ‘03 memoir, She’s Not There. In a limp follow-up, I’m Looking Through You, she strains for parallels between her wraithlike pre-op self and the apparitions who purportedly haunted her childhood home near Philadelphia, the aptly named Coffin House. But the blurry spectres sending out electric currents and mysteriously closing doors never come to life on the page, in part because Boylan admits she doesn’t really believe in the paranormal. Her most gripping material remains her own human — if not strictly normal — life story. C+
I'm Looking Through You Jennifer Finney Boylan recounted her transformation from tortured James to confident Jenny in her '03 memoir, She's Not There. In a limp...I'm Looking Through YouMemoir, NonfictionJennifer Finney Boylan Jennifer Finney Boylan recounted her transformation from tortured James to confident Jenny in her '03 memoir, She's Not There. In a limp...2008-01-11Broadway Books
Genre: Memoir, Nonfiction; Author: Jennifer Finney Boylan; Publisher: Broadway Books
Posted January 11 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Bible' series won't return to NBC
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!