Miley Cyrus may be hogging the headlines with some risqué photos she took with a friend and those astronomically priced concert tickets, but we’re far more interested in Lesley. That’s the girl who’s name-checked in the addictive chorus of Cyrus’ peppy new track ”See You Again” (now at No. 48 and climbing on the Billboard 100): ”You asked what’s wrong with me/My best friend Lesley said, ‘Oh she’s just being Miley.”’ So who, exactly, is she singing about? For whatever reason, Cyrus’ publicity firm is being cagey about the identity of her mysterious 15-year-old pal. Still, we were able to dig up the following: Lesley Patterson has known the Hannah Montana star, 15, since the two met as 6-year-old cheerleaders in Tennessee. She’s not the gal featured in those racy pics, but she and Cyrus do have a particularly cool bond: Patterson’s mother works for Miley’s godmother, frequent Montana guest star Dolly Parton.
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- James Bond enters a 'hurricane' in first 'Spectre' teaser: Watch now
- 'The Legend of Zelda' for Wii U delayed
- Kit Harington fights terrorism in 'Spooks: The Greater Good' trailer
- Billie Joe Armstrong musical 'These Paper Bullets!' coming to LA, NYC
- 'It Follows': The story behind the score
- Nick Jonas talks hosting the 2015 Kids' Choice Awards, his new image and that Kanye West cover
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Katy Perry, Kenny & Taylor, Josh Peck and More!