(FROM VARIETY) ? Lionsgate has worked out a deal with Nu Image/Millennium Films for a new movie series based on the Conan the Barbarian character. The witing duo Thomas Dean Donnelly and Joshua Oppenheimer (Sahara, Cowboys & Aliens) are set to pen the first film with production scheduled to start later this year. Image/Millennium chief Avi Lerner said he is in talks with the WGA for an interim deal similar to those United Artists and the Weinstein Co. that would allow union writers to work on the movie and help expedite the project. The budget for the ambitious project is being estimated at around $100 million. (Variety)
Posted January 13 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode: 'It was an important one for us'
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Ryan Reynolds makes young fan's dream come true on 'Deadpool' set
- And the winner of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest is...
- Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining' at 35: Horror director Ted Geoghegan pays tribute
- Sting and Jimmy Fallon take 'Roxanne' to barbershop
- 'Mad Max' gets the 'Mario Kart' mashup it deserves
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!