(FROM VARIETY) ? Lionsgate has worked out a deal with Nu Image/Millennium Films for a new movie series based on the Conan the Barbarian character. The witing duo Thomas Dean Donnelly and Joshua Oppenheimer (Sahara, Cowboys & Aliens) are set to pen the first film with production scheduled to start later this year. Image/Millennium chief Avi Lerner said he is in talks with the WGA for an interim deal similar to those United Artists and the Weinstein Co. that would allow union writers to work on the movie and help expedite the project. The budget for the ambitious project is being estimated at around $100 million. (Variety)
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- Angelina Jolie makes first public appearance since her surgery at the Kids Choice Awards
- Kids Choice Awards 2015 winners are...
- 'SNL react: Your quick take on The Rock and George Ezra?
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller, Kate & Kate and More!