(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? High School Musical star Vanessa Hudgens is starring in Walden Media’s coming-of-age dramedy Will, which actor-turned-director Todd Graff is helming from a script he wrote with Josh Cagan. The story is about two high school teens, one a male outcast and one an A-crowd popular girl. The two form an unlikely friendship through a love of music and form a band to compete in their school’s battle of the bands competition. Hudgens will play a 15-year-old former stutterer who still speaks slowly and becomes romantically involved with the outcast. Shooting is scheduled to start next month. Hudgens will shoot the third installment of High School Musical this summer. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- 'Better Call Saul' insider on THAT Jimmy-Chuck shocker
- Casting Net: Emily Blunt, John Krasinski join voice cast of 'Animal Crackers'
- Kevin Hart to receive Comedic Genius Award at MTV Movie Awards
- Weinstein Company acquires Matthew McConaughey-starring 'Gold'
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Michelle Obama to appear on 'The Tonight Show'
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!