(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? High School Musical star Vanessa Hudgens is starring in Walden Media’s coming-of-age dramedy Will, which actor-turned-director Todd Graff is helming from a script he wrote with Josh Cagan. The story is about two high school teens, one a male outcast and one an A-crowd popular girl. The two form an unlikely friendship through a love of music and form a band to compete in their school’s battle of the bands competition. Hudgens will play a 15-year-old former stutterer who still speaks slowly and becomes romantically involved with the outcast. Shooting is scheduled to start next month. Hudgens will shoot the third installment of High School Musical this summer. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 13 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Steve Rannazzisi addresses 9/11 lie on 'Howard Stern': 'I know what I did was terrible'
- Rick Ross announces 8th studio album and unveils new song with Chris Brown
- 'The Walking Dead': Lauren Cohan says Maggie becomes more of a leader in season 6
- Fábio Moon and Gabriel Bá preview new graphic novel 'Two Brothers'
- Demi Lovato urges for mental health reform following Oregon shooting
- Rooney Mara on the Tiger Lily casting controversy in 'Pan': ‘It wasn’t great’
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' season 1: Exclusive Blu-ray and DVD release details