(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? High School Musical star Vanessa Hudgens is starring in Walden Media’s coming-of-age dramedy Will, which actor-turned-director Todd Graff is helming from a script he wrote with Josh Cagan. The story is about two high school teens, one a male outcast and one an A-crowd popular girl. The two form an unlikely friendship through a love of music and form a band to compete in their school’s battle of the bands competition. Hudgens will play a 15-year-old former stutterer who still speaks slowly and becomes romantically involved with the outcast. Shooting is scheduled to start next month. Hudgens will shoot the third installment of High School Musical this summer. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 13 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters