(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? High School Musical star Vanessa Hudgens is starring in Walden Media’s coming-of-age dramedy Will, which actor-turned-director Todd Graff is helming from a script he wrote with Josh Cagan. The story is about two high school teens, one a male outcast and one an A-crowd popular girl. The two form an unlikely friendship through a love of music and form a band to compete in their school’s battle of the bands competition. Hudgens will play a 15-year-old former stutterer who still speaks slowly and becomes romantically involved with the outcast. Shooting is scheduled to start next month. Hudgens will shoot the third installment of High School Musical this summer. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 13 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Empire': Behind the scenes at EW's photo shoot
- Skrillex + Diplo release Jack U debut
- 'Empire' star Jussie Smollett on the power of Jamal's coming-out
- 'Focus' aims to lift box office crown from 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- Bruce Willis indie-thriller 'Wake' halts production due to lack of funding
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' creator on season 1 success, season 2 ideas
- Catwoman comes out as bisexual in comic
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!