(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Sharon Leal, who played Michelle Morris in Dreamgirls, has been cast as the female lead in Dimension Films music-themed comedy Soul Men, which is being directed by Malcolm D. Lee (Undercover Brother). The story is about two estranged back-up singers for a famous soul group who reunite for a memorial concert in honor of their recently-deceased former lead singer. Samuel Jackson and Bernie Mac have been cast as the back-up singers, and Leal will play Jackson’s daughter, who eventually becomes a singer in the band. In addition to Dreamgirls, Leal’s other projects include Tyler Perry’s Why Did I Get Married? and This Christmas. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 14 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Kick-Ass' writer Mark Millar creates a small-town superhero in his new comic 'Huck' – exclusive first look
- 'Once Upon a Time' First Look: The Dark Swan rises!
- Pitbull teases wild Vegas residency, new album
- 'Magic Mike XXL' reviews: What are the critics saying?
- Quentin Tarantino meets 'The Ten Commandments' in new comic: EW exclusive First Look
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse': See concept art of the villain's tomb
- Conan saw a midnight screening of 'Magic Mike XXL' with the women on his staff
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!