(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Sharon Leal, who played Michelle Morris in Dreamgirls, has been cast as the female lead in Dimension Films music-themed comedy Soul Men, which is being directed by Malcolm D. Lee (Undercover Brother). The story is about two estranged back-up singers for a famous soul group who reunite for a memorial concert in honor of their recently-deceased former lead singer. Samuel Jackson and Bernie Mac have been cast as the back-up singers, and Leal will play Jackson’s daughter, who eventually becomes a singer in the band. In addition to Dreamgirls, Leal’s other projects include Tyler Perry’s Why Did I Get Married? and This Christmas. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- Bruce Jenner confesses Kim Kardashian was the first to know
- Kanye West helped Kim Kardashian accept Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner to Diane Sawyer: 'The female part of me is who I am'
- Casting Net: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau to star in thriller 'Shot Caller'
- Christian Bale knee injury delays production on Fox's 'The Deep Blue Good-by'
- Jared Leto as the Joker: 'Suicide Squad' director tweets a photo