(FROM REUTERS) ? Pulp Fiction writer Roger Avary was arrested and charged with vehicular manslaughter on Sunday (Jan. 13) after being involved in a fatal car accident about 80 miles outside of Los Angeles. The scribe was also charged with driving under the influence. Andreas Zedini, 34, a passenger in Avary’s car, died from injuries related to the crash. Avary’s wife, Gretchen, was also taken to the hospital with serious injuries. Her condition was not known. Avary won an Oscar for co-writing the script of 1994’s Pulp Fiction with Quentin Tarantino. He has since primarily worked on rewriting scripts. He most recently earned co-writing and executive producer credits on last year’s Beowulf. (Reuters)
Posted January 14 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- First Listen: Ellen Pompeo on Meredith's shocking 'Grey's Anatomy' attack
- Al Pacino and Melanie Griffith join Where the White Man Runs Away
- Lamar Odom makes first public appearance since hospitalization
- Luke's daughter, April, and Mrs. Kim are back for 'Gilmore Girls'
- Kevin Bacon has a creepy kid in the trailer for horror movie 'The Darkness'
- Russell Simmons, Tony Rock to present All Def Movie Awards
- Everything you missed from Kanye West's 'TLOP' premiere
- Check out the new Maz Kanata 'Star Wars' action figure
- Burt Reynolds Through the Years
- 'The Walking Dead’: Exclusive EW Portraits
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996