(FROM REUTERS) ? Pulp Fiction writer Roger Avary was arrested and charged with vehicular manslaughter on Sunday (Jan. 13) after being involved in a fatal car accident about 80 miles outside of Los Angeles. The scribe was also charged with driving under the influence. Andreas Zedini, 34, a passenger in Avary’s car, died from injuries related to the crash. Avary’s wife, Gretchen, was also taken to the hospital with serious injuries. Her condition was not known. Avary won an Oscar for co-writing the script of 1994’s Pulp Fiction with Quentin Tarantino. He has since primarily worked on rewriting scripts. He most recently earned co-writing and executive producer credits on last year’s Beowulf. (Reuters)
Posted January 14 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt