(FROM REUTERS) ? Pulp Fiction writer Roger Avary was arrested and charged with vehicular manslaughter on Sunday (Jan. 13) after being involved in a fatal car accident about 80 miles outside of Los Angeles. The scribe was also charged with driving under the influence. Andreas Zedini, 34, a passenger in Avary’s car, died from injuries related to the crash. Avary’s wife, Gretchen, was also taken to the hospital with serious injuries. Her condition was not known. Avary won an Oscar for co-writing the script of 1994’s Pulp Fiction with Quentin Tarantino. He has since primarily worked on rewriting scripts. He most recently earned co-writing and executive producer credits on last year’s Beowulf. (Reuters)
Posted January 14 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Donald Trump thanks police, attacks 'Crooked Hillary' in Reddit AMA
- Lee Daniels makes impassioned plea for gun control reform at DNC
- Schwarzenegger takes on climate change in James Cameron's DNC video
- Will Jessica Jones appear on 'Luke Cage'?
- John Malkovich to headline TV adaptation of 'Humboldt' crime novels
- 'Lights Out' sequel is in early stages at New Line
- 'Ghostbusters' Twitter account endorses Hillary Clinton: '#ImWithHer'
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels