(FROM REUTERS) ? Pulp Fiction writer Roger Avary was arrested and charged with vehicular manslaughter on Sunday (Jan. 13) after being involved in a fatal car accident about 80 miles outside of Los Angeles. The scribe was also charged with driving under the influence. Andreas Zedini, 34, a passenger in Avary’s car, died from injuries related to the crash. Avary’s wife, Gretchen, was also taken to the hospital with serious injuries. Her condition was not known. Avary won an Oscar for co-writing the script of 1994’s Pulp Fiction with Quentin Tarantino. He has since primarily worked on rewriting scripts. He most recently earned co-writing and executive producer credits on last year’s Beowulf. (Reuters)
Posted January 14 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Here's what the critics are saying about 'Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain'
- Need to catch 'Empire'? Fox airing a full-season marathon on Labor Day
- 'The View': Rosie Perez says she would return for a 'visit'
- J.K. Rowling sorts James Sirius Potter and Teddy Lupin into Hogwarts houses
- Good news, Leslie Knope: Hillary Clinton is a fan of 'Parks and Rec'
- See a supercut of shrieks from Wes Craven's filmography
- See Toni Collette and Drew Barrymore in 'Miss You Already' trailer
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Laura & Andrew, Rihanna and More!