(FROM VARIETY) ? Salma Hayek has joined John C. Reilly in Universal Pictures’ horror drama Cirque du Freak, which is being directed by Paul Weitz (About a Boy, American Pie). The project is an adaptation of British author Darren Shan’s hair-raising children’s novel, the first of 12 installments, three of which have already been optioned by Universal. The story centers on a vampire (Reilly), a member of a circus who becomes intertwined in the lives of two young boys. Hayek will play the circus’ bearded lady. The role marks her first acting project since coming off of maternity leave. Shooting starts next month. (Variety)
Posted January 14 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- National Spelling Bee announces two champions
- Hulu executive explains decision to pull '19 Kids & Counting'
- Mariah Carey calls 'American Idol' stint 'the worst experience of my life'
- Kristen Bell live tweets her mistaken UberPool ride
- Casting Net: B.J. Novak joins Michael Keaton's 'The Founder,' Will Forte boards Key & Peele comedy
- Hilary Duff shares the track listing for 'Breathe In. Breathe Out.'