(FROM VARIETY) ? Salma Hayek has joined John C. Reilly in Universal Pictures’ horror drama Cirque du Freak, which is being directed by Paul Weitz (About a Boy, American Pie). The project is an adaptation of British author Darren Shan’s hair-raising children’s novel, the first of 12 installments, three of which have already been optioned by Universal. The story centers on a vampire (Reilly), a member of a circus who becomes intertwined in the lives of two young boys. Hayek will play the circus’ bearded lady. The role marks her first acting project since coming off of maternity leave. Shooting starts next month. (Variety)
Posted January 14 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Christina Applegate on turning down 'Legally Blonde': 'What a stupid move'
- The Chilean miners disaster story comes alive in first trailer for 'The 33'
- 'Banshee' confirmed canceled after fourth season
- See EWwy campaign posters for the best dramatic actor nominees
- Netflix chief still 'thrilled' with Adam Sandler after 'Pixels' flop
- Uncle Jesse & Aunt Becky's twins will be on 'Fuller House' too
- Jason Segel gets serious playing David Foster Wallace in 'The End of the Tour'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Ellie Kemper, Matthew Fox, The VS Angels & More!