(FROM VARIETY) ? Salma Hayek has joined John C. Reilly in Universal Pictures’ horror drama Cirque du Freak, which is being directed by Paul Weitz (About a Boy, American Pie). The project is an adaptation of British author Darren Shan’s hair-raising children’s novel, the first of 12 installments, three of which have already been optioned by Universal. The story centers on a vampire (Reilly), a member of a circus who becomes intertwined in the lives of two young boys. Hayek will play the circus’ bearded lady. The role marks her first acting project since coming off of maternity leave. Shooting starts next month. (Variety)
Posted January 14 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Holland Taylor opens up about relationship with younger woman
- J.J. Abrams on the making of the #Force4Ham sequence
- Read the heartwarming story behind one of the new droids in 'Star Wars'
- Bono on U2's return to Paris: 'Nothing will stop us from going back'
- Mark and Jay Duplass essay collection coming in 2017
- A look at the best 'Star Wars'-'Hamilton' #Force4Ham mash-ups