Maybe NBC should have gone with American Gladiators instead. The Peacock’s two-hour Dateline, followed by an Access Hollywood-like special on the Golden Globes, averaged a mere 5.8 million viewers Sunday night, bad enough to put the network in the dismal fourth-place spot for the night. Meanwhile, Fox was the big winner: The debut of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, which benefited from a huge NFL playoff game lead-in, attracted a whopping 18.3 million viewers and helped boost Fox to an evening-high average of 21.9 million viewers from 7-10 p.m., followed by CBS (13.2 million), ABC (10.8 million), and NBC (4.7 million).
Posted January 14 2008 — 9:59 PM EST
- 'Reign' exclusive: Francis will die in season 3
- 'Pan's Joe Wright on Tiger Lily casting controversy
- The (totally unironic) oral history of Alanis Morissette's 'Jagged Little Pill'
- Trevor Noah jokingly defends Rupert Murdoch’s Ben Carson tweet on 'The Daily Show'
- James Blake performs aching cover of Simon & Garfunkel 'The Sounds"So of Silence'
- Jack Black discusses overcoming substance abuse as a teenager
- Cate Blanchett barely holds it together for bit with Stephen Colbert