Castle Freeman Jr.’s Go With Me is quite a spiffy little yarn, loose and funny and, at a few key junctures, righteously bloody. In a Vermont logging town, a young woman recruits a muscle-bound kid and a wily old man to help her track down the vicious former cop who’s been stalking her. Over a day, their travels lead from a hot-sheet motel to a hardcore bar to the forest primeval, while a chorus of beer-drinking locals comment on the action. The book takes just a few hours to read — about the running time of the swell indie movie someone should make from this offbeat charmer. A-
Go With MeCastle Freeman Jr.'s Go With Me is quite a spiffy little yarn, loose and funny and, at a few key junctures, righteously bloody. In a...Go With MeFiction, Mystery and ThrillerCastle Freeman Jr.Castle Freeman Jr.'s Go With Me is quite a spiffy little yarn, loose and funny and, at a few key junctures, righteously bloody. In a...2008-01-15Steerforth
Genre: Fiction, Mystery and Thriller; Author: Castle Freeman Jr.; Publisher: Steerforth
Posted January 15 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Zoolander 2' had most successful comedy trailer launch ever
- 4 things you never knew about 'Rocky IV'
- Rashida Jones: Drake's 'Hotline Bling' dance is basically the Carlton
- Eddie Redmayne on trying to find some of 'The Danish Girl' in himself
- Rashida Jones & Jimmy Fallon perform epic holiday song parody medley
- 1D's Liam Payne announces third single from 'Made in the A.M.'
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'