Castle Freeman Jr.’s Go With Me is quite a spiffy little yarn, loose and funny and, at a few key junctures, righteously bloody. In a Vermont logging town, a young woman recruits a muscle-bound kid and a wily old man to help her track down the vicious former cop who’s been stalking her. Over a day, their travels lead from a hot-sheet motel to a hardcore bar to the forest primeval, while a chorus of beer-drinking locals comment on the action. The book takes just a few hours to read — about the running time of the swell indie movie someone should make from this offbeat charmer. A-
Go With MeCastle Freeman Jr.'s Go With Me is quite a spiffy little yarn, loose and funny and, at a few key junctures, righteously bloody. In a...Go With MeFiction, Mystery and ThrillerCastle Freeman Jr.Castle Freeman Jr.'s Go With Me is quite a spiffy little yarn, loose and funny and, at a few key junctures, righteously bloody. In a...2008-01-15Steerforth
Genre: Fiction, Mystery and Thriller; Author: Castle Freeman Jr.; Publisher: Steerforth
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- 'Fantastic Four' trailer arrives with hints of Doom
- 'Star Wars: Rogue One' will depict raid to steal original Death Star plans
- 'Furious 7' holds off 'Paul Blart' to win box office for third weekend in a row
- Victoria Justice breaks news to fans on Twitter: 'Eye Candy' canceled by MTV
- Jon Stewart explains why he quit 'The Daily Show'
- Jason Sudeikis: Now (Tribeca), then ('SNL'), future ('Fletch'?)
- 'Outlander' boss on Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Kellie Pickler, Julia Roberts, Taylor Swift & More!