(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Jaden Smith, son of Will and Jada Pinkett Smith, has landed a role in Fox’s upcoming reinvention of the 1951 sci-fi classic The Day the Earth Stood Still. The young Smith, who previously starred with his father in The Pursuit of Happyness, will play the rebellious Jacob, the 8-year-old stepson of scientist Helen Benson (Jennifer Connelly) who first makes contact with the alien Klaatu (Keanu Reeves). Kathy Bates and Jon Hamm have also been cast. Scott Derrickson (The Exorcism of Emily Rose) is directing. Shooting is already underway. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 15 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- J.K. Rowling loves Amy Schumer's book
- Chris Pratt encourages people to go outside and look for trolls
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'
- Julie Chen on 'Big Brother' showmances: 'Go for it!'