(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Jaden Smith, son of Will and Jada Pinkett Smith, has landed a role in Fox’s upcoming reinvention of the 1951 sci-fi classic The Day the Earth Stood Still. The young Smith, who previously starred with his father in The Pursuit of Happyness, will play the rebellious Jacob, the 8-year-old stepson of scientist Helen Benson (Jennifer Connelly) who first makes contact with the alien Klaatu (Keanu Reeves). Kathy Bates and Jon Hamm have also been cast. Scott Derrickson (The Exorcism of Emily Rose) is directing. Shooting is already underway. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 15 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters