(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Jaden Smith, son of Will and Jada Pinkett Smith, has landed a role in Fox’s upcoming reinvention of the 1951 sci-fi classic The Day the Earth Stood Still. The young Smith, who previously starred with his father in The Pursuit of Happyness, will play the rebellious Jacob, the 8-year-old stepson of scientist Helen Benson (Jennifer Connelly) who first makes contact with the alien Klaatu (Keanu Reeves). Kathy Bates and Jon Hamm have also been cast. Scott Derrickson (The Exorcism of Emily Rose) is directing. Shooting is already underway. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 15 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Listen to Led Zeppelin's Lost 'Sunshine Woman' Track
- Ava DuVernay tweets support for Leslie Jones: 'Stay up, sis'
- Here's why Giancarlo Esposito turned down a Marvel TV role
- 'Jason Bourne' 3-D screenings causing nausea and protests in China
- Olympian auctions off medal to pay young boy's medical bills
- Nicole Scherzinger's Britney Spears impression is 'Crazy' good
- Woody Allen on Dylan Farrow accusations: 'I get harassed all the time on it'