(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Jaden Smith, son of Will and Jada Pinkett Smith, has landed a role in Fox’s upcoming reinvention of the 1951 sci-fi classic The Day the Earth Stood Still. The young Smith, who previously starred with his father in The Pursuit of Happyness, will play the rebellious Jacob, the 8-year-old stepson of scientist Helen Benson (Jennifer Connelly) who first makes contact with the alien Klaatu (Keanu Reeves). Kathy Bates and Jon Hamm have also been cast. Scott Derrickson (The Exorcism of Emily Rose) is directing. Shooting is already underway. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 15 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Hillary Clinton talks 'SNL' impressions
- Miss USA pageant names new hosts
- Rosie Perez leaving 'The View'
- Jeff Goldblum and wife welcome first son on the only possible day
- Katy Perry's Left Shark returns for Shark Week
- Joni Mitchell's attorney recomments permanent conservator
- Amanda Peterson's mom reflects
- They look like THAT now? See some of the latest child stars all grown up
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!