(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Jaden Smith, son of Will and Jada Pinkett Smith, has landed a role in Fox’s upcoming reinvention of the 1951 sci-fi classic The Day the Earth Stood Still. The young Smith, who previously starred with his father in The Pursuit of Happyness, will play the rebellious Jacob, the 8-year-old stepson of scientist Helen Benson (Jennifer Connelly) who first makes contact with the alien Klaatu (Keanu Reeves). Kathy Bates and Jon Hamm have also been cast. Scott Derrickson (The Exorcism of Emily Rose) is directing. Shooting is already underway. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 15 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Shondaland Revealed on heartbreaking Calzona-centric 'Grey's Anatomy'
- 'Project Runway All Stars' season 5 winner feels 'validated'
- Justin Timberlake's new song 'Can't Stop the Feeling' is here
- The new Han Solo is …
- 'Orphan Black' creators on their first Italian phone sex scene
- 'Les Misérables' director Tom Hooper to bring 'Cats' to the big screen
- 'Scandal' reveals presidential nominees