(FROM AP) - Mary J. Blige, 50 Cent, Timbaland, Wyclef Jean, and filmmaker Tyler Perry were all named in an Albany, N.Y.-based steroids probe, according to the Times Union of Albany. The paper cited unidentified law enforcement officials who said the entertainers may have received or used performance-enhancing drugs. There is no evidence that the celebrities broke the law, however, and they are not part of a criminal probe into steroid trafficking that Albany District Attorney P. David Soares launched last year. The newspaper said that Blige received the human growth hormone Jentropin and Oxandrolone, an anabolic steroid, in orders sent to her at the Beverly Hills Hotel. The AP reports that Blige’s spokesperson denied that the singer ever used performance-enhancing drugs. A spokesperson for Perry declined comment, and calls to the other entertainers’ spokespersons went unanswered as of Monday afternoon (Jan. 14). While it is commonly known that athletes take steroids to improve physical performance, the drugs can also lure people interested in their anti-aging qualities. (AP via Yahoo!)
Posted January 15 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Vikings' shocker: Creator Michael Hirst talks the death of [spoiler]
- 'Vikings' kills again: A talk with the departing actor
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- Obama talks 'The Wire' with David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers Meron, Zadan moving on
- Craig T. Nelson back as Hayden Fox in NBC 'Coach' revival
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!