(FROM AP) - Mary J. Blige, 50 Cent, Timbaland, Wyclef Jean, and filmmaker Tyler Perry were all named in an Albany, N.Y.-based steroids probe, according to the Times Union of Albany. The paper cited unidentified law enforcement officials who said the entertainers may have received or used performance-enhancing drugs. There is no evidence that the celebrities broke the law, however, and they are not part of a criminal probe into steroid trafficking that Albany District Attorney P. David Soares launched last year. The newspaper said that Blige received the human growth hormone Jentropin and Oxandrolone, an anabolic steroid, in orders sent to her at the Beverly Hills Hotel. The AP reports that Blige’s spokesperson denied that the singer ever used performance-enhancing drugs. A spokesperson for Perry declined comment, and calls to the other entertainers’ spokespersons went unanswered as of Monday afternoon (Jan. 14). While it is commonly known that athletes take steroids to improve physical performance, the drugs can also lure people interested in their anti-aging qualities. (AP via Yahoo!)
Posted January 15 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Hannibal' music supervisor on working with Siouxsie Sioux for the finale's song
- Hugh Dancy explains that shocking 'Hannibal' series finale
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!