(FROM AP) - Mary J. Blige, 50 Cent, Timbaland, Wyclef Jean, and filmmaker Tyler Perry were all named in an Albany, N.Y.-based steroids probe, according to the Times Union of Albany. The paper cited unidentified law enforcement officials who said the entertainers may have received or used performance-enhancing drugs. There is no evidence that the celebrities broke the law, however, and they are not part of a criminal probe into steroid trafficking that Albany District Attorney P. David Soares launched last year. The newspaper said that Blige received the human growth hormone Jentropin and Oxandrolone, an anabolic steroid, in orders sent to her at the Beverly Hills Hotel. The AP reports that Blige’s spokesperson denied that the singer ever used performance-enhancing drugs. A spokesperson for Perry declined comment, and calls to the other entertainers’ spokespersons went unanswered as of Monday afternoon (Jan. 14). While it is commonly known that athletes take steroids to improve physical performance, the drugs can also lure people interested in their anti-aging qualities. (AP via Yahoo!)
Posted January 15 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode: 'It was an important one for us'
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Ryan Reynolds makes young fan's dream come true on 'Deadpool' set
- And the winner of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest is...
- Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining' at 35: Horror director Ted Geoghegan pays tribute
- Sting and Jimmy Fallon take 'Roxanne' to barbershop
- 'Mad Max' gets the 'Mario Kart' mashup it deserves
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!