(FROM AP) - Mary J. Blige, 50 Cent, Timbaland, Wyclef Jean, and filmmaker Tyler Perry were all named in an Albany, N.Y.-based steroids probe, according to the Times Union of Albany. The paper cited unidentified law enforcement officials who said the entertainers may have received or used performance-enhancing drugs. There is no evidence that the celebrities broke the law, however, and they are not part of a criminal probe into steroid trafficking that Albany District Attorney P. David Soares launched last year. The newspaper said that Blige received the human growth hormone Jentropin and Oxandrolone, an anabolic steroid, in orders sent to her at the Beverly Hills Hotel. The AP reports that Blige’s spokesperson denied that the singer ever used performance-enhancing drugs. A spokesperson for Perry declined comment, and calls to the other entertainers’ spokespersons went unanswered as of Monday afternoon (Jan. 14). While it is commonly known that athletes take steroids to improve physical performance, the drugs can also lure people interested in their anti-aging qualities. (AP via Yahoo!)
Posted January 15 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer: 'Scream Queens' will be just 'as brutal' as 'American Horror Story'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- Dave Grohl's game of throne in D.C.
- Kit Harington: Buzz about his long hair
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!