(FROM AP) - Mary J. Blige, 50 Cent, Timbaland, Wyclef Jean, and filmmaker Tyler Perry were all named in an Albany, N.Y.-based steroids probe, according to the Times Union of Albany. The paper cited unidentified law enforcement officials who said the entertainers may have received or used performance-enhancing drugs. There is no evidence that the celebrities broke the law, however, and they are not part of a criminal probe into steroid trafficking that Albany District Attorney P. David Soares launched last year. The newspaper said that Blige received the human growth hormone Jentropin and Oxandrolone, an anabolic steroid, in orders sent to her at the Beverly Hills Hotel. The AP reports that Blige’s spokesperson denied that the singer ever used performance-enhancing drugs. A spokesperson for Perry declined comment, and calls to the other entertainers’ spokespersons went unanswered as of Monday afternoon (Jan. 14). While it is commonly known that athletes take steroids to improve physical performance, the drugs can also lure people interested in their anti-aging qualities. (AP via Yahoo!)
Posted January 15 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Artist spray paints epic 151 character Pokémon mural
- Mike Pence got a publicity haircut and the barber didn't recognize him
- 'Gilmore Girls' Fan Fest happening in town that inspired Stars Hollow
- Video Music Awards 2016: How well do you know the nominees?
- WATCH: Winter Soldier has shield envy in 'Civil War' deleted scene
- Naya Rivera reveals she had an abortion during 'Glee'
- Cher slams Donald Trump as 'f---ing idiot'
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...