For an Iraq war movie, Day Zero has a unique premise: What if the draft were reinstated, and three boyhood pals living in New York had 30 days to report for duty? But the film is so insular, so small and indie, that there’s no rattling tension or charge in it. As the pals, Elijah Wood, Jon Bernthal, and especially Chris Klein mope around noncommittally, as if it were an upcoming trip to the in-laws’ they were dreading — not a potentially one-way ticket to a war zone. Ally Sheedy costars as the most inexplicably lousy shrink you’ve ever seen. C
Genre: Drama; Starring: Chris Klein, Elijah Wood; Director: Bryan Gunnar Cole; Author: Robert Malkani; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): In Season; MPAA Rating: In Season; Distributor: First Look
Posted January 16 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters