Like Cheech & Chong minus the weed, Ice Cube and Tracy Morgan play a couple of broke Baltimore dim bulbs who run afoul of a posse of Jamaican gangsters, then hatch a desperate scheme to stick up a local church to get out of hock in First Sunday. Naturally, their gospel-spouting hostages (including Loretta Devine and stand-up comic Katt Williams) make the two screwups eventually see the light. If Tyler Perry ever wanted to turn Dog Day Afternoon into a treacly after-school special, it would probably end up looking a lot like this. C
(Tony Rivetti Jr.)
Genre: Comedy, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Ice Cube, Tracy Morgan, Katt Williams, Loretta Devine, Regina Hall; Director: David E. Talbert; Author: David E. Talbert; Release Date Wide: 01/11/2008; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Screen Gems Inc.
Posted January 16 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Chris Rock and Tracy Morgan exchange comic haymakers in 'Top Five' outtakes
- 'Sex Box' react: Enclosed encounters of the absurd kind
- Buffy season 8 recap: 'No Future for You'/'Wolves at the Gate'
- Jennifer Lawrence vs. 'tabloid malarkey'
- 'Parks and Recreation': On the set for the last day of filming
- '12 Monkeys' boss on Cole's fate (Spoiler Alert!)
- EW recommends: Bieber, baseball, and Broadway